Chapter 1

A new story! I am so excited! I don't know how far I will get cause school is starting in like a week and the Internet stinks at my house. But anyway, my friend really wants this story to be on wattpad so here we go!

Enjoy! :)

Chapter 1:   1952 Part 1

I flipped my short, dirty blonde hair, which hit the face of the short, fat boy behind me. He was a little bit smaller then me, and his fat cheeks made him look like a chipmunk. We were both 10 years old at this point in time, which was close to April of '52. The boy was a few months older then me, his birthday in June and mine in August.

"Can you keep your smelly hair to yourself?" The boy complained as he plugged his nose, pretending the air stuck around him. I rolled my blue eyes, which were hidden behind the round lenses of my think black glasses.

"Whatever Paul." I didn't turn around to look at the young boy. My eyes caught sight of movement across the street. My best friend, Lillian, who I call Lilly, rush out of her front door. She struggled a little bit to get her back pack around her shoulders but eventually Lilly was able to grip it correctly. She casually traveled down her driveway, her legs stretching far in front of her and she placed her hands on her skirt, brushing it slightly. Lilly looked to make sure no cars coming from either side, before quickly walking across the street. Her brown hair bounced in the golden morning light.

"Hey Lilly!" Lilly walked up to me and stood beside me, clutching her back pack tightly.

"Hey Holly!" That was my name, Holly. Holly Marx. Behind us, Paul never spoke again. Eventually, a few other kids came and stayed quiet or talked with each other.

Then a large rumbling sound came from around the corner. All us kids standing around, became silent and looked towards the direction the noise was coming from. A large bus rolled down the street, smelling of gasoline, and old rubber. It pulled slowly to a stop in front of us. I stepped on first, up the muddy stairs and chose a seat close to the middle of the bus. Many seats were already taken, and many kids were talking. Some louder then others. Lilly sat next to me and we stayed silent for a while.

"Do you know that Paul McCartney boy?" Lilly asked me breaking the silence between us. I looked at her from the window, which is what I was staring out of. "The boy that was standing behind us at the stop." I nodded.

"I do know that freak." I admitted, "He is my neighbor."

"Lucky!" Lily lowered her voice and get closer to me, "He is so cute!" Lily looked over the rubber brown seat and starred at the back of Paul's head, which was covered with black hair. I made a barf face, sticking my tongue out and pointing into my mouth.

"He's a huge jerk."

Lilly turned her head back to my, in shock. "How could you say that?"

I rolled my eyes, "Because he is makes fun of me a lot." I make fun of him to, but that is just a minor detail.

"He does!" She flipped her brown hair and turned to talk to someone across the bus. I looked up to see Paul staring at me thought hazel eyes, before quickly making a funny face at me, embarrassing me and causing others around Paul to just plan out laugh or quietly giggle.

***********************************************************************************************************************

I walked through the front door into my small home once school had ended. My mother was beginning to cook dinner, the smell of potatoes and pork filled the house.

"Ello Mum." I traveled into the kitchen and gave my mother a tight hug. I was an only child, and my father died when I was really young. I hardly remember anything about him.

"How was your day Holly?" She was focused on the pot of potatoes she was handling.

"Normal," I reached into the cabinet and grabbed a cup, "Paul was being mean as usual." I turned on the facet and filled up the clear cup. My mother chuckled a little bit, when I took a slip of my water. "What?" I asked her, pulling my mouth away from the cup.

"I think that McCartney boy likes you." Her grey eyes still focused on the pot.

"EW! Mom!" I was grossed out. I didn't like Paul one bit.

"I didn't mean to insult you," She continued to chuckle a little bit, "Besides, I need you to be nice to Paul tonight."

"What?" I continued to drink my water, focusing on the water as it moves from the bottom of the cup to my lips.

"I invited the McCartneys over tonight." She answered my question.

"Why?"

"Because I want to enjoy their company one last time." I still didn't get it. She turned towards me and held me in her thin fingered grip, "Because we are moving." I just stared at her for a second, the cup right up to my lips. Then the glass fell from my hands.

My mother grabbed the glass just before it hit the ground, and placed it on the counter.

"No." I barely manged to whispered out that one word.

"We are, to America." She hugged me, her arms enclosed me but I just stayed frozen. Then she pulled away and went back to the food.