Chapter 12

Another chapter is right here. Just for you. Yes you.

Congrads! Do you want a trophy?

Anyway, ENJOY

Chapter 12 - A date

I got along really well with Ringo. He was so sweet towards me. So much better then Paul. Ringo brought me out to a lake that was on the opposite side of Liverpool then the docks. He had this boat already ready with fishing pole and shit like that.

I haven't fished in years, and I missed it so much. In New York, I never had the chance. How did Ringo know I used to love this? Maybe family. I remembered fishing with my great Uncle. He would take me out on this lake and paddle the boat to the middle of the large lake.

"Like this Holly." Great Uncle Mike, that was his name. I remembered him showing me how to hold the pole in my little hands. I remember him slapping me in the back when I caught my first fish, and how happy I was.

I was pulled out of my memory when Ringo helped me into the small boat. He paddled the boat far from the dock and eventually parked it under a overhanging tree with shaded us from the sun which hung above us. It was a quaint place to be.

We sat back to back and quietly fished. Me leaning against him, and he against me.

"I've never been fishing as a date." I broke the silence first.

"Oh, we can do something else." Ringo looked over at me, worried that he fucked up.

"But it's kinda fun." I giggled out. Then I felt this huge tug on the fishing pole I was using. A pretty large fish nearly pulled me into the water. Then again, I have no upper arm strength.

"Ringo!" I called for him and he quickly turned around. Ringo stretched his arms around me and pulled up on the pole, helping me get the fish into the boat. It was pretty large, actually I have no idea but I thought it was. I grabbed the fish and Ringo unhooked it before throwing it back into the water. "We should have measured that!" I kinda yelled at him, with a hint of amusement in my voice. When I saw his face so close to mine, thing slowed down.

His arms were still around me, his pole hung off the side of the boat. My pole was sat on the bottom of the boat. His eyes were really blue. Like REALLY blue. But instead of kissing me, like other guys I know, Ringo just pulled his arms away and turned back to his pole.

"Thanks for helping me with that, um, fish." I managed to say. Then I reached around and kissed him on the check before quickly turning back and began to fish again.

 ***********************************************************************************************************************

When it got to be close to dinner, Ringo brought the boat back to the dock. We left the boat and went back into Liverpool. As we walked away, Ringo still held my hand. It was rough from drumming for the band. Then I recalled my question from earlier.

"Isn't someones birthday coming up?" I asked Ringo as we walked down the sidewalk.

"Paul's." He answered quickly. I nodded, now understanding.

"Oh, ok just wondering." We both found a nice little restaurant and Ringo got us a table. We were right by the window in this little place. A middle aged man took our order. Ringo was sitting across from me.

This day was fun. I wish it wasn't coming to an end. I felt his hand grab mine lightly and hold on softly. He really liked me. It was cute. The middle aged man dropped our food off and left once again. I was sad to pull my hand away to eat, but I did.

While we were eating, something caught my eye from outside the window. I looked up from my food and stared. Across the street, looking right back at me, was the last person I wanted to see.

"Excuse me." I said to Ringo. I stood up and walked out of the restaurant. When I walked across the street, I walked right up to this person.

"Why can't you just leave me alone?!" I yelled into his face. He had to take a step back.

"I didn't know you were in there." He basically made up some excuse.

"Bull shit." I said as I turned around and walked back into the restaurant. I sat down and continued to eat.

"What's up with Paul?" Ringo asked me, startling me a little bit.

"He is just a douche." I complained to Ringo.

"Be careful with Paul. All he really wants is to get in girls pants." Ringo didn't say the last part really loud but I got the message loud and clear.