Chapter 10.

CHAPTER 10.

"Close your eyes and I'll kiss you, Tomorrow I'll miss you."

― Paul McCartney

BETH'S P.O.V.

Harry leans a little forward, decreasing the distance between us. I could hear my heart beat going faster, my palms getting moist. What is he doing?

I lost my sense as soon as our noses brushed, my eyes slowly closing ready to feel the new sensation. My subconscious fighting against my crave to kiss him but the drunken bitch takes the lead. Our lips slightly brush, his breath hitting mine and my stomach flips. His hand came in contact with my cheek igniting shocks all over my body. I place my hand on his chest the moment our lips fully met.

You know those butterfly people get, yeah? I'm feeling them in my stomach, for the first time ever. I can't believe what I'm doing but this just feels so extraordinary. His lips are warm against mine, the feeling was overwhelming.

Harry pulls away slowly, his hand slipping away from my cheek. But I'm not sure if he meant it, maybe he's taking the drunken bitch for granted.

I open my eyes seeing Harry as shock as I am. My hand slip from his chest, my cheeks tingling with heat. None of us had a smile or anything. It was all blank, all confusing.

"I-I think we should go inside." Harry whispers. My lips part to speak but no words came out, I was like muted. Why? Did this kiss mean something? Why did I kiss him back? Why can't I speak? It's like the words I had have been taken away from him. The words I could have used against him had vanished.

I simply nod, getting up from my place. Goose bumps form on my body due to the cold wind. We walk inside in silence, Harry following me. I slide the windows close after we both are inside. I was getting nervous, more nervous than I thought I would be.

I turn around to find my door wide open and Harry nowhere in view. Before I could process anything there was a bang sound signaling me that he has left for his room. An unexpected sigh leaves my mouth. Did I want him to stay even after what had happened? Ok, what just happened?

My mind is questioning me again and again and I'm left with no answer for myself, no explanation to defend myself.

I drop myself on the bed, turn the lamp off. Tugging the duvet near my chest, taking a deep breath. His kiss was so lingering. Those plum lips warm against my own. The fact that I felt something in my stomach between the small connections which is termed as 'butterflies', makes my stomach flip more.

I need to stop!

****

"Good morning!" Megan shouts walking down the stairs. She lazily yawns, stumbling towards the table. Currently, we all were sat on the table having a late breakfast. Harry hasn't joined yet though, not that I'm waiting. I fill my mouth with some warm pancakes, not talking much. Megan takes a seat next to me, screeching the chair multiple times. She falls on the chair idly, turning towards me.

"Aren't you having a hangover?" She slurs, ruffling my hair from side to side. I glare at her, swaying her hand off of me. She chuckles keeping her hand to herself. I fixed my recently messed up hair, pouting at her. Before I could answer her question, another voice interrupts making freeze in my place.

"Morning!" His voice was raspier than yesterday. I fight the urge to glance at him once but fail badly. I leisurely turn towards him, our eyes meeting that instant. His hair was a little damp, a plain white shirt covering his upper body while the lower was covered by a pair of sweatpants. He looked all fresh and clean.

I quickly turn away, my gaze dropping to the plate. My heart beat started to raise, my finger fiddling with the fork. I have to stay calm. I'll make things obvious like this. I keep my eyes on my plate, chewing my food calmly. Harry takes a seat in front of me; I could feel his gaze burning on my skin.