Chapter 6.

CHAPTER 6.

"Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love."

― Mother Teresa

AFTER A WEEK

BETH'S P.O.V.

"Beth! Bethhh! Beeethhhh!" The continues banging on my door woke me up. I adjust with the lighting in my room, growling lazily.

"I'm up. I'm up!" I shout back, rubbing my eyes. My mom opens the door finally, smiling wide at me.

"You're going to school today, no excuses. You're all fine now!" My mom places the back of her hand on my forehead, giving me an assuring smile.

"But Mom I...."

"No buts Bethany. You're going to school today. It's gonna ending anyway." She smiles.

"We have 2 weeks, Mom." I groan. I have been skipping school for the past whole week, since that day, making excuses every day. Chad texts me almost every day apologizing for his drunken behaviour. I really didn't care about his apologies, he would have done it either way. Surprisingly, the only thing that got in my mind was Harry. That what would be happening to him at school? The image of him is still fresh in my mind. I don't understand, even if I try to push it back it comes in front again.

"I know, but you won't be attending the last week. We are moving, remember?" She taps my cheek softly thudding out.

How can I forget? We'll be moving to London in less than a week. I haven't told anyone yet, except for our group which has like 4 people in it. Megan, my best friend, Cassidy, Matt and Jim. We are friends with Harry but we have our limits, we don't pick on him. Sometimes we'll help him with something but we all have our distance.

I hurriedly prepare myself for school. I don't want to create any drama at school which will make me look like a whore. I do wish that the night is only between us three & Megan of course.

By the time I reach School our first class has started. Nervousness grows inside me, Harry and Chad will be there. I silently walk down the empty hall way. Pushing the door slowly, I peek inside the class room.

"May I come in?" I almost whisper. All faces turn towards me, light gasp echoing the room. Let me guess, Chad has already told everyone. I don't make contact with any staring faces.

"Beth, What a surprise. Have a seat." My teacher flashes a smile. She's one of the best teachers and my favourite, I'm her favourite too. I sheepishly walk in the class, searching for an empty seat. The only empty spot I saw was next to Harry. I stare at the spot, fighting whether to sit or not. Harry's back was facing me, his shoulder rising and falling rapidly. The image from before was still fresh in my memory.

"Go on, have a seat." My teacher takes my attention. I smile walking towards the empty seat. I never, in these 3 years, have sat next to him, as far as I remember.

The teacher starts to give her lecture. I just stare at the black board. I could feel the tension between us. Harry is fiddling with his pen, his nervousness is obvious. I play with the corner of the page, not paying attention to the lecture. My eyes helplessly stare at his fiddling hand. I identify some cuts on his knuckles, they weren't that big though. It's from that day isn't it? God knows what would have happened after I left. Did they fight again? There was no conversation between us. I would be glancing at him every now and then making him more nervous.

The school bell startles me, all the students rushing out. Should I talk to Harry? Should I ask him why he helped me? Should I thank him? Before I could stop myself, my mouth spoke.