Chapter 8 ~ "Come see your gorgeous offspring!"

Chapter 8: "Come see your gorgeous offspring!"

"Alright, your turn," Luke declared, grabbing my dress and thrusting it at me, all while ushering me into the fitting room.

"Don't push me, Tarrone," I hissed. "I'm perfectly capable of walking with my own two feet."

"Sometimes I doubt it!" he sang.

I would've flipped him off if my view of him wasn't obscured by the curtain. "Hey, where's my shoe?" I asked, referring to the one I'd chucked at his head after an especially dirty comment on his part.

"I don't know, I didn't bother seeing where it landed after you threw it at me," he replied in an accusing tone of voice.

I held back an amused smile as I shed my uniform and slipped the green velvet dress on. It fit pretty well without being zipped up, but seeing as there were no mirrors in the small cubicle, I couldn't tell. "This feels really nice," I murmured to myself, fingering the soft, textured cloth.

"I don't know what's going behind that curtain, but I hope it's not dirty, Jordy!"

"Luke!" I snapped.

He laughed at my expense. "I'm just saying, normally when you hear someone say 'this feels really nice'-"

"Normal people don't have the sick mind that you do, Tarrone." I stopped him before I could hear whatever other nasty thing he had in mind. I reached behind me to do up the zipper, but found I could only do it up halfway.

When I let out an exasperated sigh, Luke spoke up. "You alright in there, Jordy? Has the Devil come to drag you back to Hell?"

"I need your help," I said through gritted teeth, loathing the fact that he needed to do up the zip for me.

"Wow!" he exclaimed. "I never thought I'd see the day when Jordan Wolfe would ask moi for help!"

"Do you ever shut up?" I questioned testily, already knowing the answer. Without waiting for a reply, I shoved the curtain aside and grabbed his tie, yanking him inside the fitting room with me.

When I looked at him, he was grinning mischievously. "I didn't know you liked it kinky-"

I cut him off by turning my back to him. "Just shut it and zip me up," I demanded, not wanting to hear his perverted comments anymore.

"As you wish, Your Majesty," he responded huskily, moving his fingers to my back. He pinched the fabric together as he zipped, forcing me to straighten my back and push out my chest in an attempt to fit. His cold fingertips brushed my skin, skittering over my bra clasp and causing almost imperceptible shivers to wash down my spine.

Why the hell was this kind of contact making me shudder? Luke touched me all the time, but it never felt like...this. Not bad, but different. Weird. I never felt that with Ryan.