Chapter 39 ~ "Kiss your boyfriend for me."

a/n: i've discovered that i'm a shitty writer when it comes to emotions and happiness and sadness, so i apologise in advance for that lmao.

wait, i also have to clarify that the Theo in His Honeybee is totally different to baby Theo in this story. i totally forgot i doubled up with names smh i'm an idiot

Chapter 39: "Kiss your boyfriend for me."

"Seth, what am I supposed to do?" I asked, almost desperately.

Seth looked at me, confused. "We're all going back, Jordan. You can't just stay here. That'll defeat the whole purpose of you moving, yet again."

"But Seth-"

"Jordan," Seth said, clasping onto my shoulders with his hands. "Listen to me, okay? Stop blubbering."

I frowned. "I'm not blubbe-"

"Your family is always gonna be here," he said. "We're gonna be here whenever you want to come back, okay? Stop feeling bad, you're annoying me."

Carly let out a high-pitched cry at that, and in response Theo began screaming as well. Seth closed his eyes for a second and then let go of me to attend to his daughter. I picked up Theo and rocked him until his cries became this weird snuffling noise. "Seth, I just, I-"

Seth sat down on the sofa. "Marie, babe, I think she's hungry!" he called. Marie ambled out of the kitchen, rubbing her eyes tiredly. "Were you sleeping in the kitchen?"

I snickered at the sight of a red imprint of a whisk on her face. "What can I say?" she said. "With two babies, you drop where you can." She took Carly out of Seth's arms and plopped down beside him, casually taking her boob out to feed her baby.

"Marie," Seth whined, and I would've kicked his shin if I wasn't holding a baby. "Jordan's being dumb agai-ow!"

I made a face at him while he rubbed his shin with a dirty look on his face. "Marie, Seth's being whiny again."

"Both of you, shut up," Marie ordered. "You're upsetting Carly."

"But you like it when I hit your brother, right?" I cooed at Theo, who had smiled when he felt the jolt of me kicking Seth.

Seth rolled his eyes. "We're leaving tomorrow, so suck it up," he mocked. "You already sent in your acceptance to UCLA, right? Come on, just enjoy your time there. Enjoy being with Luke and Miranda. We're going to be here whenever you want to come back."

I stared at him, my eyes scrunching up. "W-what about Theo?" I looked down at my beautiful little brother. He was such a little cutie - a pain in the ass and waking up every two hours to scream - but a little cutie nonetheless. It was so weird knowing that he was Carly's uncle when Carly was older than him, but I mean, that was what happened when your mum got knocked up when she already had two fully grown children.

"What about him?" Seth said distractedly. I turned and found that he was staring intently at his wife as she fed their daughter, and I rolled my eyes. Classic man in love. Then I frowned, because that made me think of Luke, and thinking of Luke made my heart ache because I missed him so much.

"Well, he's just a little baby. And it's not fair of me make you be responsible for him, you didn't ask for this. Y-you already have Carly, and-"

"Do you even hear yourself right now?" Seth said, making a face at me. He turned to Marie. "Do you even hear her right now?" Marie ignored him. "Jordan, you're such a moron."

"You're the moron," I muttered.

Seth stood up and gently took Theo from my arms, placing him back in his rocker. "Theo's our brother, and you're just a kid yourself. It's not fair of you, as a high school student, to act as if you're the only one responsible for him." I cringed into myself, but he opened his arms and hugged me. "We're all family, bro."