Chapter 6 ~ "Would you stop touching me?"

A/N: I was going to wait until tomorrow to post this, but you guys really surprised me! 800 reads already? When I last checked, it was only 300! I love you guys :)

Chapter 6: "Would you stop touching me?"

Sometime later at night, a knock came on my bedroom door. "Come in," I called distractedly as I struggled to finish my homework before I had to go to sleep.

Mum popped her head in and smiled at me. "Jordan, honey," she said, stepping inside.

"Hey, Mum," I greeted, swivelling around to face her. "What's up?"

I was glad she was home. Normally, she only got back after I'd gone to sleep, so I usually only saw her before leaving school in the morning. "We have to go shopping for Molly's wedding on Friday," she reminded me.

I groaned. "That's this Friday?"

She grinned, making her crow's eyes deepen. My mum was almost a carbon copy of me, with the same petite build, raven hair, and bright blue eyes. "Yes, darling, I was just reminding you in case you'd forgotten the first fifty times I'd already told you. You should keep that in mind, considering you are the maid of honour."

I bit my lip shamefully. "Sorry," I apologised. "I guess I got caught up with work and stuff."

Her grin dropped and she sat down next to me on my dark purple comforters. "Don't you think you're working yourself a little too hard?" she asked, reaching out a hand to stroke my hair.

I leaned into her touch, thankful for her motherly behaviour. "I'm fine," I insisted. "I've just been...distracted."

Her frown deepened. "Is it because of Ryan?"

I shrugged.

"Darling, you should've listened when I told you he was no good."

I rolled my eyes at her holier-than-thou attitude. "Who was the one who forced me to accept his date?" I accused, cupping my ear. "Oh, wait. That was you!"

Mum laughed at me. "That's because you never went out other than with Miranda. It was like you were socially awkward."

I gaped. "I am not socially awkward! I go to the Tarrones' all the time!" Wow. Even my own mother thought I was a hermit. That was when you know something's wrong.

She snorted. "Yeah, to babysit. That doesn't actually count, darling."

I crossed my arms. "Well it doesn't matter anymore, because we're not dating anymore."

"Thank the heavens for that. You know, Lucas is such a nice boy-"

I cut her off. "Mum," I said calmly. "I am never, ever going to date Luke. So stop trying."

Mum pouted and nudged me. "Oh, Jordan! You two would be such a good pair!"

"No we wouldn't," I muttered. "He's too annoying."

"But you two are so cute when you're around each other!" she cooed.

"Mum!" I groaned, falling back on my bed. "Why did you even come here in the first place?"