Chapter 7 ~ "I'd date myself if I wasn't afraid of being rejected."

A/N: You guys literally blew me out of the water (that is if I was in water and you guys shot me out a cannon, which in that case I mean figuratively)! But seriously, in the span of a couple of days, I went from 300 reads to 1700! That made me SOOO happy so I just had to post a chapter for you lovely people! Hope you enjoy :)

Chapter 7: "I'd date myself if I wasn't afraid of being rejected."

"Randy, Leo, I'm leaving!" I called, waving goodbye to my old best friend and my new best friend.

Leo sat with us at lunch today, and since I realised that he did care about my best friend, I softened up to him. He was just a big teddy bear.

"Bye bye, Danny!" they replied energetically, simultaneously waving at me.

"Jordy-kins!" a voice cheered loudly, and I turned just in time to see Luke running full-pelt towards me.

"Don't run in the hallway, you bastard!" I yelled, but obviously, he just ignored me.

Right as he was about to close his arms around me, I stepped to the side, making him stumble forward and fall flat on his face. I heard people snickering as he let out a groan and rolled over onto his back.

My eyes rolled at the sight his crumpled figure. He just lay there on his back with his eyes closed, twitching dramatically. "Are you ready to go, Paris Hilton?" I asked sarcastically. "You are such an embarrassment, you know that?"

"Leave me here to die, you monster," he choked jokingly.

I pressed my foot against his side in hope that he'd get up. "I'm not going to pick up your fat self, so you better haul some ass before I call the heavy artillery." By that I meant his stupid friends. "Get up!" I ordered.

"No, you get down!" With absolutely no warning, his hand shot forward and wrapped around my ankle, yanking me down firmly.

"Shit!" I cursed as I toppled horizontally onto his stomach. "What was that for?" I glared at him accusingly, but he just winked cheekily.

His arms pressed against my back, keeping me in place. When he glanced down at me, he smirked wickedly. "I like this position," he mused, wiggling his eyebrows. What a complete and total slag.

I elbowed his stomach and managed to escape the confines of his arms. "Would you just get up?" I asked wearily. It wasn't even four o'clock and I was already tired of dealing with him. He was like a caffeinated three year old with the amount of energy he ran on.

He gasped, clutching his stomach. "That really hurt," he whined, eyeing me sadly.

I groaned. People were beginning to stare at us, and it was making me uncomfortable. "Come on!" I urged, bending over to tug on his arm.

He refused to budge. "Not until you say sorry," he replied stubbornly.

I watched him for a while, trying to figure out if he was being serious or not. He was. "Lucas Tarrone, you are something else," I muttered. He blinked up at me, grinning goofily. "I'm sorry," I told him through clenched teeth. "Now will you get up?"

"Why didn't you just say so?" He leapt to his feet and swept me into his arms before I could even blink.

"Luke, would you let me walk?" I tried to ask, hiding my face behind my hands as he strode out of the school.

"No can do, Jordy."

I blew out a frustrated breath and crossed my arms, levelling my irritated gaze on his face. His mouth was quirked up in a cocky smirk and his hazel eyes swam with mischief.