Chapter 25

Emily

I slapped him and then marched off to my room that I was staying in. Oh how I wanted to give in, but the jealous and hurt part of me wouldn't let me. I had to show him that I was hurt and no more mind games. Plus, I always wanted to have one of those dramatic moments like in the movies.

"He makes me so mad!" I think to myself. "Why?" I ask myself. Why was he doing this?

He left me voicemails and text messages telling me how sorry he is and how he wants to continue the relationship.

I should be jumping up and down with happiness. Yet, here I am wondering if I should continue.

The thing is I want to. I want to be with him. He broke my heart yesterday, and I know I can't be upset because our relationship is purely no emotions attached.

He then goes and let's me run away, not even trying to stop me. Maybe he wants me to run away that way he can end it easier. But then why leave all those messages? It's not like he is forced to be with me, our contract doesn't begin until we say "I Do."

The messages, I listened and read the messages over and over. I was on the edge of my bed crying with joy and hope as each one played and as I read each one.

Ava found me. She told me that it's not worth the pain at the end of the year. She told me to leave him or to give him a reason to leave me after today's party.

I know she's right, but she has her happy ending and I want mine. I want Daniel. I want us.

I was in the room now when I felt that familiar hand grab mine. I quickly turn around to see him.

"Daniel." I say and a smile comes across his face.

"Sunshine." He says and his grip on my hand becomes tighter. I don't fight it. I wrap my hand around his and let my own smile come through.

"I-I am sorry." He tells me. "Sunshine I wan-" was all he said before Ava yelled that guest were here.

We both just took this moment in. I didn't want to let him go. A part of me felt like he didn't want to let me go either.

"If you want to continue the relationship then we'll talk after the party." I tell him. I tell him so he can leave the relationship freely. I tell him because it's his contract and plan. I tell him in hope that he doesn't leave me.

"Oh we're going to talk and end this, whatever you call this going on." He says as he leaves the room with me dragging behind him.

Wait! What?! I don't want this, what we have to end! I want to continue! He just declared that he wants the relationship to continue too with all those messages. Did I say something wrong? Did he change his mind?

I want to drown in my sadness right now. I want to just go back and not slap him, yeah maybe that's what turned him off.

His grip on my hand is tight, I want it to stay like that. I don't want him to let me go, so to prevent that I hold onto his hand tighter.

"I have to make him want me. Screw what Ava said about making him want to leave me. The heart ache will be worth it, because by the end of the contract he won't want to let me go." I think to myself.

I have to make him see me. I have to prove that I'm better than all those women like Vivian. He has to see that my kind of lifestyle is perfect, but also I have to see that his lifestyle is just as great. This party is my last chance.

We walk down to greet the party guest. I'm nervous as hell, but this is something that the Rhiners do, throw parties. I need to show him I'm the perfect host.