Chapter 22

Daniel

Rhiner Family Engagement Party
Part 3

I've come to realize that it's so easy for me to lose her. I want her and I hope she wants me.

It's hard for me to admit that I'm falling in love with her because I know the life and times of being my wife might change her for the worst. She so fragile and I've seen what the pressures of my upbringing was doing to her this morning.

I'm sitting in the car watching her look out the window. I smile and think to myself. "I'm so damn lucky to have found you." I bring her hand that I've been holding up to my lips and kiss it.

Upon my lips touching her beautiful soft hand she turns and looks at me. There was nothing but a beautiful smile on her face. I could just sit here and stare at her forever.

"Daniel?" She asked me once she seen that I was staring at her.

"Yes, sunshine?"

"Do you think they will like me?"

There she goes again. She's worry if my family and friends will like her. I personally don't care because I love her. I do want my mom and sisters to love her as much as I do, but there is no hope for my dad. My mom has already told me that she adores Emily and admires her courage. Amelia loves her and can't wait till we have babies. Bella is a hard one to figure out, she respects Emily and that's all anyone can ask from another person.

The only friend that I care if he likes her or not is Taylor. I mean Taylor is my right hand man and if he has issues then I'll start to see them too in a girl. Thankfully he likes Emily so she's a good catch.

"Emily, it doesn't matter." I tell her as I rub her hand with my thumb.

"Daniel, it does."

"Why?"

"Because I will be part of their lives and I don't want to cause a family rift between you and your family all because they don't like me." She said as she took her hand away from me. "I know this is fake and all but you will have to pretend to love me for most of the year and a lot can happen in that time. I just don't want to ruin your life once the year is up." She said now looking away from me.

I never thought about it like that. Well it doesn't matter, I love her and will stand by her.

She always brings up the word "fake" and it's bothering me now. I'm showing her my real feelings! I kiss her, hug her, laugh with her, care for her, and worry over her when we are not in public or around Collin.

I'm trying drop hints but I'm afraid that she'll run and hide or even change the way she sees me, if I tell her too soon about my feelings.

She's right a lot can change in a little bit of time. I will show her that I love her and that we are meant to be together. I just can't go all in until we are marry and the contract comes into play, that way she can't run or leave me.

"Sunshine, you will never cause a rift between me and my family. I know this and if they didn't like you then well you would have never been back invited to their house by my mother since meeting my her and my dad the first time." I tell her now taking her hand again.

"But Daniel, what if-" She starts to say until I interrupt her.

"No, no more of this talk. I chose you to be with me. I want and need you to be by my side. You are special and wonderful, they like you and I know it. Just be yourself and everything will be okay." I tell her as I kiss her on the cheek.