Taken 2

Mal's POV

"Can we please take a break?" Ashley begs, whining from her place behind Brenda. We've been walking for hours, and this has to be at least the five hundredth time she's asked that.

"If we take a break will you bloody shut up?" Newt asks, his tired voice echoing above the wind.

"Yes!" Comes the quickly reply.

"Fine, ten minutes." Newt says, glancing at Minho, who nods his approval. For the most part, He's been letting Newt do most of the actual leading, only commenting on the really important matters. I can tell he's distracted, not really paying attention to what's going on, tripping over nothing and not answering our questions till we've asked them three times. I can't say that I blame him though, everyone is on edge.

After a quick break, it's back to walking, walking towards the mountains which- if possible - seem to be getting farther away. Ever since Skylar's err.. Episode, I've been taking care of her kitten. I think the kitten misses Skylar, seeing as she barely eats, and doesn't seem to want to play anymore. I miss her too, we all do.

There's been more than a couple fights today, most of which Newt lets go on unheeded, which is rare. Minho causes a few of them, ignoring questions and punching anything that bothers him. Newt just lets him do it, keeping me close and out of the way. I break down and cry twice out of fear, and once for Sky, nearly causing a domino effect when I trip and run into Newt. James hasn't quit grumbling the whole way, causing a one of the fights himself when he tries to steal an apple from frypan. Everyone is out of balance without Skylar, whether they realize the problem or not.

My thoughts are cut off when Suddenly, a blob of black appears on the horizon, seemingly moving towards us. I push my way to the front of the group, trying to find an explanation for the sudden appearance.

"What is that?" I ask, leaning against Newt to keep from toppling over in the wind.

"Not what, Who." Newt says, squinting against the sand and pointing in the direction of the blob.

"Group B?" Minho says questioningly, turning back to look at the gladers.

"Could be."

"Alright everyone form a circle!" Minho shouts, preparing for a fight. Everyone else follows suit, forming a tight circle. It's not much, but at least Minho is doing something. If only we had weapons to defend ourselves. Brenda and Ashley have knives, along with Minho, who had found a knife Skylar's backpack, but other than that, we were defenseless.

As they get closer, I realize it must be group B, I recognize Teresa. The boys from group B rush eagerly to the front, ready to be reunited with their friends. Just minutes before they reach us, Newt grabs my hand, pulling me too him and kissing me quickly before shoving me into the center of the group. Always trying to protect me. Of course.

"Newt!" I call out trying to push my way back to the edges. No one will let me through. Beginning to worry, I stand on my tip toes, only to find out why Newt was so worried.

Group B approaches with weapons at full draw, most of the girls brandishing bows and arrows, the rest with what look like swords. Also, none of them look happy to see us.

"Teresa!!" Thomas calls out when the group gets closer. The group B boys rush out to meet them, only to be greeted by the tips of swords. 

"Get him and let's go!" Teresa commands, pushing through the group until she reaches Thomas.

"Teresa?" Thomas says, asking this time. She ignores him, choosing instead to whack him with the back of her spear.

"We're taking him, and if you try to stop us, my archers will kill you before you can even move." Teresa says calmly, beginning to tie Thomas' hands and feet together. Helplessly we watch, as group B throws Thomas in a sack before starting to drag him off to who knows where. There is nothing we can do, if any of us move, the group B archers will shoot us all.

"We'll find you Thomas!" Minho calls out, unable to do anything about the situation. I watch in horror as the girls drag Thomas along the ground, seeming to hit every rock in sight. I wish there was something I could do. If only Skylar was here, she would know what to do.

"Were they always like that?" I ask, turning to one of the boys from group B. He shakes his head quickly.

"No, I have no idea what that was all about." He says, looking absolutely bewildered.

"Hey guys where's Aris?" James, asks, daring to voice his opinion. I'm surprised he can even speak.

"He must have gone with the girls!!" Another of the boys yells.

"Traitor!"

After that, the group descends into absolute chaos. People shouting and arguing, fists flying as blame was pointed in every direction. All I could do was stand and watch, too terrified to do anything. I watch as the bottom finally drops out.