Help Me

I exhale with relief, all the boys are there, sound asleep. No wonder they didn't hear us knock. I walk into the room and stand there, not really sure of what to do next.

This time its Mal who moves first, walking to the center of the room, she lays her blanket on the floor and sits on it. I look at her questioningly, but She just shrugs before curling up in a ball on top of her blanket. With no better ideas, and not really wanting to wake up the boys, but not wanting to go back to our room either, Jess and I follow her lead.

Soon I lay curled up on top of my blanket, my backpack shoved under my head like a pillow, not the most comfortable of beds, but it beats being seperated from everyone else and risking something happening. Plus at this point, I'm so tired I could probably sleep on a bed of nails. I lay awake for a few minutes listening to the steady breathing of the other gladers, before drifting to sleep myself. My dreams are haunted by grievers, the faces of those we lost swirling among them.

~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~

"What the shuck!" Someone yells as I feel a foot in my side. What a way to wake up. "Sky?" I hear the same voice ask, which I'm now conscience enough to recognize as Minho.

"Owww." I moan rolling over and sitting up. "What? Why are you staring at me like that?" I pout, after everything that has happened recently, I'm not exactly in a pleasant mood.

"what are you doing here?" He whispers, pulling me into a hug.

"Well after the guy left we got suspicious, like why did they want to seperate us so bad? So we tried to come over here but our door was locked, which really freaked us out, so we got it open then we came over here." I explain, "oh and your door was locked too, we knocked but you were asleep so." I finish. By now Newt is awake and has joined us, Mal immediately going to sit in his lap. I'm just glad everyone is safe and together. Well almost everyone.

"You should have woken me up, I can't believe you slept on the floor all night." Minho says running his fingers through the back of my hair. I sigh and close my eyes, relaxing against his touch. I love it when he plays with my hair, not that I'll ever tell him that, since he thinks it annoys me, but secretly, it feels amazing.

"How are you feeling?" He asks, running a hand over a large cut on my arm.

"Hmm?" I murmur, forcing myself back to reality and out of my daydream.

"I said, how are you feeling?"

"Honestly, I'm surprised I'm still moving." I reply, reaching up to run a hand over some of the stitches on my arm. "Every single muscle on my body aches, and I'm pretty sure there isn't a part of me that doesn't have a bruise or a cut and I think I have a migraine. So ya, I feel wonderful. What about you?"

"You pretty much summed it up." He chuckles, "but at least I didn't have to sleep on the hard floor."

"I told you, It's no big deal, really, we felt better once we got here and weren't all separated anymore."

"Well it won't hap...." Minho is cut off mid sentence, when a blood-curdling  scream pierces the air.

I look up in panic to see people, or what used to be people pressed against the windows. They scream and yell, their faces and bodies covered in festering sores, green veins popping through their sickly pale skin, hair matted to their foreheads. I unconsciously recoil backwards into Minho, horrified at the sight of these semi-human monsters. Yet, I can't look away, some sick fascination keeping my eyes glued to the disease-ridden faces. I hope it's not contagious.

Suddenly one of them looks at me, it's insane eyes locking on mine.

"I'm a crank! I'm a crank! Help me!" It yells trying to reach its arms through the barred window. I shudder and look away. What kind of disease causes this? I wonder, not anything good that's for sure.

Within minutes everyone is awake. The room buzzing with theories, questions and arguments. With all the yelling and chaos hardly anyone even notices us. The first one to notice is Thomas, who was one of the last people to wake up.

"Where's Teresa?" He asks frantically looking around the room, and while I'm mad at Teresa, I feel bad for him, he genuinely cares about her. Whether or not she cares back? That I don't know.

"Um, she stayed in her room." I say shifting awkwardly, unable to shake the feeling of dread that consumes me. I should have made her come.

"She what?!" He screams, covering his mouth in shock. "Guys we gotta go find Teresa!!" He yells waving his arms among the chaos. "Guys please." He's begging now, unable to get anyone's attention.

"Ok tommy, we'll go get your bloody girlfriend." Newt says, standing and putting a hand on Thomas shoulder. It seems to settle Thomas a little, but not much.

"Alright you shanks we're going to find Teresa!" Newt shouts, shutting everyone up. Eager to get out of the room, the rest of us stand and join him at the door, trying our best to ignore the screams and hollers coming from the windows behind us.

"It's locked." Newt says, stating the obvious.

"No kidding shuck-face." Minho says rolling his eyes. "Must be why they named you after Isaac Newton, such an amazing ability to think." He teases.

"Let's just get the bloody door open, Frypan, hand me that fire extinguisher." Newt commands, once he has it, he starts slamming it against the door handle.

"Guys I can just...." No one is listening so I let my voice trail off. Fine, you know what, if you want to bang on the handle like a bunch of cavemen, go for it. See if I care. I think waiting for Newt to get the stupid door open. He finally does, only to find the common area pitch black. It was dark last night, but now it's completely black, I can't see a thing.

"Ok everybody stay here, I'll find the light switch, no need to play bumper cars in the dark." Newt says, starting to inch across the floor. Thomas, of course, doesn't listen and follows right behind him.

"Ouch." Newt groans, his voice echoing across the room.

"Watch out for tables!" I call out, trying not to laugh.

"Little late with the warning Sky." He replies, his voice farther away now.

"What the......" Thomas says, from the sound of it smacking into something in the middle of the room. "Guys? something is hanging from the ceiling?"

Just then Newt finds the light switch, suddenly filling the room with glaring white light.

"Oh my...." Thomas starts but doesn't finish, he doesn't need to, we all see it at the exact same time.