Chapter Twelve

A woman with long brunette hair came running into the kitchen. Neil had met her before. Daniella. She ran up to Clara and hugged her, busting into tears.

"He's going to scare another one away mom," she cried.

He looked at Miranda questioningly. She sighed, "Jaxton. He doesn't like anyone with Daniella. He says she'll date when she's thirty."

"And you let him?"

"That child is evil when you counter anything he says concerning her. His brothers and cousins have learnt this. Also they enjoy seeing the men starter and squirm while he interrogates them."

Neil's gaze turned to the crying woman. He felt sorry for her. Thirty. But she'll be old then. And she really liked Ken. He could see it. And he was sure Ken did too. He just needed help away from Jaxton.

"I'll help you."

Everyone turned to look at him incredulously. "How?" Daniella asked.

He smiled. "Brandon. Come here for a sec," he called knowing the child could hear him from the backyard.

"Yes uncle Neil?" he said running into the room.

"Does your daddy cook for you?"

"Yes," he said with a grin face flushed, probably from all the running around.

"What do you like best?"

"Chocolate milkshake!" He said throwing his hands in the air.

"Come on, let's go tell him to make us some."

Brandon skipped out of the kitchen with him following behind. Neil felt bad for the man when he saw the situation. Even though Ken looked like he could hold his own in a fight he was powerless against the men around him.

"Daddy! Daddy! I want chocolate milkshake," Brandon shouted jumping into his father's arms.

"Not now kiddo. I'm busy maybe later," he said trying to push Brandon away.

"But uncle Neil said you should make us some," he said with a pout pointing to where he stood. Jaxton looked up at me.

"Come on Jaxton. Make us some milkshake," he said tilting his head towards the kitchen. He wasn't sure this would work but as soon as those blue eyes were on him he knew he had him.

"But I'm not done yet," he didn't sound so sure of himself.

Neil smiled. He walked further into the room and sat beside Jaxton. "Okay then. Ken, what are your intentions with Daniella?"

"To give her the love she deserves," he answered relaxing a little.

"If I see or hear that she shed a single tear because of you then I'll cut your balls off and shove them up your ass," he said with a smile. Ken gulped but nodded his head. Neil turned his attention back to Jaxton. "Now let's go make some milkshake."

"Yay!"Brandon cheered.

Neil grabbed Jaxton's hand pulling him up with him and out of the room. He could hear the snickers as they left. His cousins are going to make fun of him for a long time.

Everyone watched with dropped jaws as we walked back into the kitchen. "What are you all staring at?" Jaxton asked in confusion.

"You really did it," Miranda whispered in shock.

"Daniella go reassure your boyfriend. Everyone leave the kitchen, the boys and I are going to make milkshake," he said motioning them out with his hands.

Jaxton got into work immediately after the kitchen cleared. Neil and Brandon sat on the other side of the counter watching. Waiting.

A few minutes later Jaxton placed glasses of milkshakes in front of them.

"I'll go show Alan," Brandon said stumbling out of the kitchen. Neil was too preoccupied with his milkshake to care. It was really good. Who'd have thought, but with how good his mother's cooking is, he's not that surprised.

"Do you like it?"

Neil startled at the voice right next to him. He hadn't heard Jaxton get so close. He took another sip so he wouldn't have to look up at him.

"You have a little something-"

Jaxton lifted his chin rubbing off something just below his lip. A shiver ran down his spine. He tried forcing himself to look away but when his green eyes met those blue ones, he couldn't look away. Especially when they darkened. He held his breath as Jaxton moved closer, not breaking eye contact.

"Hey bro, I'd like some of that milksh-"

Jaxton jumped away from him as if he was on fire. Neil looked down at his drink to hide how painful it felt. He grabbed his drink getting down from the stool.

"I'll just go," he stopped next to Justin, "here take mine." He handed him the drink and left the kitchen.

He was so stupid. Jaxton's going to get married. It's not right to Andrea. And it's only going to hurt him since there's no way Jaxton was ever going to come out.