Chapter Seven

Miranda sat next to her husband examining her family during breakfast.

"Why did he accept to marry her?" George asked as they watched their second son. Jaxton. Everyone knows he's gay, well not exactly everyone but George and her knew and of course his brothers. And the most shocking... Andrea.

It's all a ploy to see if he could get the courage to come out. She'd seen him checking out a few men. He's even doing it right then. Unconsciously flirting with the editor.. What was his name?... Neil Beckham. Yes. Nice young man, but he looked so lonely. Maybe they'd be good for each other. It also doesn't hurt that Neil likes kids. He's also charmed his way into Brandon who is seated on his lap.

They'd make such a cute little family.

***

Jaxton chuckled lightly as he watched Neil turn red as Brandon recounted what had happened that morning to everyone. They were seated in the living room. Neil sat beside him with Brandon on his lap.

"...he screamed like a girl..."

"No, I did not!"

"Yes you did, even daddy thought so," little Brandon said with a smirk turning to look at his dad. Everyone bust out laughing and Neil turned even more red. He grumbled to himself.

"Hey, stop it. It's not his fault he's scared of spiders," a short blonde woman came to his defense. Ally, he'd met her yesterday, Neil's friend.

"Spider!!" she suddenly shouted pointing at Neil's feet.

One moment Brandon was on Neil's lap, the next he was on the floor with Neil practically scrambling on my lap trying to get over my head.

"How heroic, throwing a child right into the core of danger," Justin said sarcastically making everyone laugh. If he'd thought he was red before, he was almost blowing up now. He looked really cute.

Neil slowly removed himself from his lap sitting beside him. "That wasn't nice." he mumbled only making the laughter escalate.

"Enough guys," Jaxton said cutting through all the laughter. He could sense Neil's irritation build so he changed the subject, "which story are you working on?"

He gasped. "I almost forgot. I have to interview you two." 

"Oh yeah, the interview," Andrea said. "What was it about?"

"Your wedding and history of course."

"Why would you like to interview us about the wedding? Why not just wait for the day of the wedding?" Jaxton asked him.

"Come on, I had the chance to meet the Alastair family and also, my job was on the line so.." he shrugged.

"So you wouldn't have done this if your job wasn't at risk?"

"Most probably," he said standing up, "let me get my gear so we could start."

He walked out of the room and Andrea came to seat next to him. Jaxton found himself disappointed since he wanted Neil to sit beside him. He shook his head, he wasn't supposed to think like that. Andrea was going to be his wife. He should always be happy to be around her.

The conversations continued as they waited for Neil to return. He was sure he was going to ask about Andrea's previous near marriages. Since they were close friends, he knew exactly why Andrea never married any of the men. He wasn't even sure if Andrea herself did.

He just hoped the cause wouldn't show up again.