chapter nineteen

storybrooke

Henry ended up staying the night. My mom didn't mind, surprisingly.
Now I've found myself in the Sheriff's department with the usual Storybrooke clan with King Arthur and Queen Guinevere.... I think Henry mentioned them before.

Henry told me a man from Camelot we locked up has disappeared, and we don't know how. But I can't help but look at Arthur and think he may know why. Now come to think of it, Guinevere too.

I was stood next to Henry who was on his phone, smiling. I gave him a weird look before I told him I'm just gonna quickly go to Gold and see if he knows anything about all of this.

Once I reached Gold's store, Belle ran up to me and gripped my shoulders with her hands, tightly. I winced and pushed them off. "Ouch, what's wrong?"
"Gold's missing."
"What?!"
She pointed at the rose in the glass which looked perfectly healthy meaning he was alive... but where is he?
"We have to tell the others." I said to Belle.
She nodded before we both ran back to the sheriff's office. As if planned, Regina, David, Mary Margaret, Henry and Robin came outside and strode down the road.
Regina saw us and stopped, stopping everyone with her. "What is it?"
Belle and I took in deep breaths after running so fast.
"Gold's gone." Belle said, before I could.
Everyone was silent for a while until Belle continued.
"He'd just woken up and once I went to see him, he was gone!"
"Shouldn't we look for him?" Mary Margaret asked.
Regina thought for a moment before nodding. "Yeah, sure. I think we have more important problems than this man on our minds right now but sure, knock yourselves out." Regina said to Belle rather rudely. She looked pretty offended so I offered to help her.
She looked at me and smiled. "Thanks, Brooke."

I didn't bother to make eye contact with Henry, even though I felt his eyes on me the whole time. I just turned away and walked off with Belle, beginning to discuss where we should look first.

***

After a while Belle and I decided to split up. She texted me to stay around the roads of Storybrooke just incase.
I was running down the streets when I saw Henry walking across the other side of the road. He obviously didn't see me so I decided to call out his name until I realised he was walking towards a sad looking girl sat on a bench. The same girl from yesterday. My heart dropped once I remembered seeing how happy they both looked yesterday.
But today she looked... unhappy.
Perhaps it's just that she misses Camelot. I wouldn't blame her, I'd hate to be away from my home, let alone stuck in another alternate universe.

I watched Henry and the girl talk for a while. I felt like I was going to cry again. I know I sound like an overprotective girlfriend, but seeing the one I love the most comfort another girl with that look in his eyes breaks me. It's the look we gave each-other when we first met. I softly smiled at the memory.

I walked down the streets of Storybrooke with my mom. We'd just moved here and my mom suggested that we have a walk around right after we'd finished packing. So now, we were relaxed because all our packing was sorted.
My eyes fell upon a place called Granny's Diner. I pointed at the store. "Can we go there and get a snack?" I asked.
"I'm not really in the mood but you can if you like."
I frowned. "Where will you be then?"
"Hopefully there'll be some people in there your age and you'll spend some time with them. Come straight home afterwards and I'll probably be there."
I smiled. "Okay." Before walking towards the diner.

Once I walked inside I took a seat at one of the high chairs at the bar. An old lady came up to me with a huge smile on her face. "Hey, what would you like?"
"Hot cocoa with cinnamon, please."
"Cinnamon?" She repeated, emphasising the word.
I laughed. "Yeah, it's strange, I know. But I love it though."
"I actually know a young lad who loves it as much as you?"
"Really?"
"Yeah, in fact...," She looked over my shoulder. "He's sat right behind you, giving you a right old look right now."
I raised my eyebrows. "A bad look?"
She chuckled and handed me my drink. "The exact opposite. Hey, Henry!" She called over my shoulder. "Come over here."
I heard the squeaking sound of chair legs and footsteps coming towards me. A dark haired boy with dark eyes sat himself beside me with his drink: hot cocoa with cinnamon. We both looked at each-other's drinks before looking up at each-other. "You have it too?!" We both chorused at the same time. We laughed, again, at the same time before I cut myself off. I looked at the old lady. She smiled at me and gave me a subtle wink, before walking back into the kitchen.
"I'm Henry." He said, holding out his hand.
I gladly shook it and smiled. "Brooke."

My smile faded once again. I wish we could live it all again: meeting for the first time, talking, getting to know each-other, the first time he played It's you to me, me absolutely loving it, him telling me he loved me, how happy I was when I found out he felt the same way I felt about him, me telling him I love him too, our first date, the first time we kissed-
I shut my eyes, stopping the tears from falling. I sighed. I really miss it all.

I jumped at the noise of my phone going off. I immediately answered, checking Henry nor the girl heard it.
"Hey."
"It's Belle. The door to Emma's is open. Meet us there."

I walked into Emma's house, feeling a little bit bad about intruding. Belle was stood outside a door and ushered for me to follow. "Come quick!" We jogged down the stairs and joined Regina, Hook, Mary Margaret and David.

"Now we know why she didn't want you down here." Regina said to Hook.
"I don't think she wants anyone to see this and I think I know the reason why." Hook answered.
"Escalabar looks pretty familiar..." I said, quietly.
"The dagger." Belle said, bending over to look at it properly.
"What does she want with this, and with Gold? What is she up to?!" Regina asked.
Belle's attention came to a rope. She walked past us and picked it up. "He was here." she said.
"Now he's gone. Let's try searching the rest of the house." Robin suggested. We all nodded before Regina's phone buzzed. "No time, it's Henry. They're on their way back.

We all ran to the door until something caught Hook's eye. We stopped and looked at the confused man, who was staring at a strange shaped box.
"Uh, I don't think we have enough time for that, Hook." I said.
"Brooke's right, we have to go." Regina agreed.
Hook ignored us. He opened the box, which revealed a dream catcher.
"Is that a dream catcher?" Robin asked, I nodded. "Looks like it."

Regina snatched it off Hook. "I think I know how Emma took our memories..."