chapter fifteen

I watched Belle and Grumpy with a smile on my face before returning back to where Henry and I were currently standing... but Henry wasn't there.

I quickly scanned around to see if I could spot him. I saw Emma, Hook, Regina, Robin, Belle, Grumpy, Snow... and David... who seemed to looking somewhere with a huge grin on his face. I followed his eyes, which lead me to Henry. I felt my heart drop when I saw he was with another girl, who seemed to be smiling and laughing. I held the tears back as I watched him pull out an iPod Nano with earphones. He handed one earphone to the girl he was standing beside and put the other in his ear. The girl copied him and put it in her ear, obviously confused. Her face then lit up and she looked at Henry with a huge smile on her face and said something which I couldn't make out.

I needed to get out of here. Why was I watching my own boyfriend talking to another girl with a different look in his eyes... the look he wouldn't give another girl in StoryBrooke. Yes, she was very prettier... prettier than me. I couldn't compete with her.

I turned around and headed for the nearest door. I found a door leading to a balcony overlooking Camelot.
"It's beautiful, isn't it?" someone said.
I spun around and to my surprise Granny was stood there. I turned back around, remembering the small tears welling up in my eyes. "Yeah. Very beautiful."
Granny joined me beside the balcony. "What's up, Brooke? Shouldn't you be dancing with your boyfriend?"
I shrugged. "Dunno." I answered plainly.
"Is something wrong?"
"I think Henry's a little occupied right now."
Granny raised her eyebrows before turning around and looking through the glass door.
"Oh," she said, turning back around. Perhaps he's just making friends...?"
I knew she was trying to cheer me up, so I nodded, wiping my eyes. "Yeah, maybe."
"Tell you what, you come with me and meet a lovely young man named John I met earlier. You don't need to do anything drastic." She grinned and nudged me. "Just make sure you let Henry know you're having fun. Perhaps he'll come over."
I smiled and looked to Granny. "Okay, but I hope you're not trying to set me up or anything. He's still my boyfriend and I'm only doing this to get his attention."
Granny chuckled and shook her head. "Not at all, Brooke. Now let's go."