chapter twenty

camelot

I texted Henry but then immediately realised that there's no single in this bloody place so I had to find him myself.

I found Henry in the forest with a sword in his hand, swinging it around like some sort of maniac. I couldn't help but laugh, which distracted him. Henry spun around and hid his sword behind his back. "You do realise I can see the massive sword behind you, right?"
Henry chuckled and took it out from behind him. "I was just practising."
"For what?"
He looked around. "Oh, you know, it may come in handy in Camelot."
I nodded with approval. "Yeah, good point. Hey, I was wondering. Do you wanna hang out tonight? I thought it would be nice-"
"Oh, I can't, sorry. I have something on."
"That's fine." I smiled.
"Another time?" He asked me.
"Sure!"
We stood there in silence for a while before I decided I should leave. "Well, see you later."
He smiled. "Yeah, see you."

Later that night I was sat on Henry and I's large bed in one of the rooms in Camelot, drawing.
Regina then strode in, she looked angry. I put down my notebook. "What's wrong?"
"It's Henry. Have you spoken to him at all this evening?"
I thought for a moment. "Well... I asked if he wanted to hang out earlier but he said he was busy and we could hang out another time. Why?"
"So it wasn't you?"
"What do you mean?"
"You didn't break my son's heart?"
"What?! No!"
"Good. Because this Violet girl has!"
The stomach fell when I remembered Violet; the girl from the ball and the girl from the stable.
"Was he with Violet tonight?" I asked, trying to pretend I wasn't bothered.
"Yeah, he said he planned out a date and everything and-" She stopped, realising she'd just told her son's girlfriend this.
"O-oh, oh, cool. That's good for him, I guess."
"Brooke, I'm sorry I thought you two broke up-"
"Why would you think that?"
"Well why else would he go on date with a girl whilst having a lovely girlfriend like yourself?"
Not the time for flattering, Regina. I thought to myself.
"My son's cheating?!" She almost shouted to herself.
"Yeah, uh, thanks for saying that, Regina. Much appreciated..."
She frowned. "Sorry, Brooke." She sat down beside me on the bed. "My son would do nothing to hurt you deliberately. Perhaps she asked him." She suggested.
"Girls don't ask guys on a date..." I mumbled, holding back the tears.
"Well, it's Camelot. Perhaps that's how they do it here."
I'm 100% certain that's not how people do it here in Camelot, but I smiled slightly anyways. "Yeah, maybe."
Regina smiled back before walking to the door. "You're a great girl, normally, I wouldn't like a girl my son fancied, but you, you're different."
I smiled fully this time. I've never seen this side of Regina before. "Thanks, Regina."
She gave me a light nod before walking out the door.

It didn't take long for my smile to fade once again. Henry... my boyfriend... went on another date whilst dating me?
I need to say something. He must be upset but I can't sugarcoat things when he just cheated on me.

I trie to shake the thought off and carry on drawing but everything that appeared on the paper was related to the feeling of being heartbroken. I sighed and rested my head on the uncomfortable, metal, head rest. Tonight Henry will be with me, sleeping in the same bed as me, and I'm gonna have to try and pretend everything's okay. Waiting till tomorrow seems like a better idea than saying it right after Violet hurt him - I don't want to hurt him even more.

Even though he may deserve it...