chapter twenty-four

I can't believe it. We're here. The sky was red, the clock tower had snapped in half and the top part of it was deeply settled in the ground. The place was eerily silent and everyone who seemed to live here didn't say a word, they just walked down the streets with creepy looks on their faces.
"I don't think we're in Maine anymore..." Regina said.
"How is this possible?" Emma asked. "How does the Underworld look like Storybrooke?"
"You questions are pointless, all that matters is all these people in this Underworld are dead and trapped because they have unfinished business." Gold replied.
Cruella's car then drove across the street. "Cruella..."
"That's right. She's here because of you. I'd imagine there are many here because of us." Gold said.
"Let's split up; we'll cover more ground." Emma stated.
Henry took hold of my hand. "Stick with me, okay?"

After about five minutes of looking around, Henry and I decided to check on Emma.
"Henry, Brooke!" Emma said.
"No luck yet, mom?" He asked.
Emma sighed and shook her head. "Not yet. What's that?"
"I was just checking the rooms." Henry said, showing her one of the keys for Room 8.
"Room 8... that was your dad's."
"Are you looking for him?" Brooke asked.
"I wanted to let him know that I was okay." Henry explained.
"He knows, kid, he knows." Emma smiled, putting her hand on his shoulder.
"How can you be sure?"
Emma paused for a moment. "I just am."
Not very convincing. I thought.
"He's in a better place now, Henry." I said, giving him a small smile.
"She's right." Emma agreed.
I could see the tears in Henry's eyes and I tried hard not to let mine out because once I see Henry crying, I usually start to cry too.
"Do you wanna go back up to the rooms? I can give you some time if you want." I said.
Henry looked at me and nodded. "Yeah, thanks, Brooke."
I gave him another small smile before kissing his cheek and walking off.

I was walking down the silent streets of the Underworld when I saw Gold's shop. "I wonder whether all of his stuff is in there too..." I whispered to myself.
"I see you've found my shop." Someone said from behind me. I spun around and saw a tall boy stood there, wearing a suit.
"Who are you?" I asked.
He laughed. "You don't know who I am? I used to be the king of every child's dream home."
I raised an eyebrow. "There's a lot of kings in fairytales... you're gonna have to be more specific."
He smirked. "I'm the boy who never grows up, I'm the boy who tried to rip out your "boyfriend's" heart and got killed in the process and I'm the voice in your dreams."
"Peter Pan... you're the voice in my dreams!" I said, a little lost for words. "And you tried to kill my boyfriend?"
Pan chuckled. "I literally just said that."
I took a step towards him. "Stay away from Henry and stay out of my head." I hissed.
"Or what? I'll be killed again?" He sassed. "I've just had this conversation with my father actually-"
"Gold?"
He nodded. "Indeed. But I'm now here to talk to you."
"Go ahead." I said.
"He doesn't love you, Brooke, can't you see when a boy's lying?" Pan laughed.
"I can and I know for a fact Henry's not lying." I retorted.
"Why else do you think I've been in your dreams? You really think I'd tell you all of this and visit you here for nothing?" Pan asked.
"Well, you're devious, I've been told that - I know you're just trying to get revenge on Henry but turning me against him!" I said.
"I may be devious, but I do tell the truth." Pan smirked, stepping closer to me. "You know, Henry's done a good job with you. He's a lucky, lucky boy."
I pushed him backwards. "Don't come any closer. Leave me and everyone else alone!"
"Join me! I told my father how much I miss the world above, oh, how I miss it! All it takes is one tiny human life."
Before I could say anything, he carried on. "And no, I'm not directing that at Henry, however, whatever happens, happens, I guess." He smirked.
"What do you mean join you?" I snorted.
"You're lost, my dear. As are many other boys and girls."
"Boys and girls?" I scoffed. "I'm 17."
"No one truly grows up once you join me." Pan paused for a moment. "Someone's coming. Now, think about my offer and don't forget about what I said with Henry. Trust me, dear, one day you'll regret not listening to me."
"Brooke?" Robin asked.
I spun around and saw Robin standing there alone. I turned back to where Pan was previously stood, but he was gone.
"Are you okay?" He asked me.
I forced a smile and nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine."
Robin ushered for me to follow him. "Come on, we're going to try and contact Hook."