10. Confrontation

Once Amber and Klaus got back to the mansion they said their goodnights and walked back to their rooms.

"Oh my god," Amber stopped abruptly as she entered her room.

Elijah was standing in front of her bed. He had been waiting there for a couple minutes before Amber arrived.

"Sorry to startle you," Elijah said walking up to her. "I needed to talk to you."

"I've had one hell of a night and I need rest," Amber pushed past Elijah and headed to the bathroom.

"Amber I kissed you. We need to talk."

"I can tell Klaus wouldn't want me talking to you," Amber states turning around.

"I know. He loved you first even if he didn't know it, I respect his decision," Elijah said.

Amber laughed, it was a laugh telling Elijah he sounded stupid for some reason. "So you're just going to give up like that? Am I that worthless?"

"No no no," Elijah shook his head. "You are not worthless at all. You mean everything to me."

"Then why are you giving up on me so easily?" Amber asked.

She wanted to be with Klaus, she knew that all too well. It's just Amber did feel that maybe Elijah was throwing her off to the side. She didn't want Elijah to that, she wanted him to eventually move on. Amber Rose would not be thrown to the side like she never even mattered.

"I love you," Elijah finally said. "But you and I were never meant to be. I came into your life when you needed someone; maybe we had a connection in the beginning, but your's and Niklaus' was so much stronger. I could never give you what Klaus has to give you. I'm sorry."

"Elijah it's okay."

"No," Elijah snapped. "I must leave. I need to get away for a while."

Amber shook her head, "I still need you Elijah. We all still need you. The Six are coming soon, we need all the power we can get."

"I'm sorry Amber," He kissed her forehead once before Amber felt a gust of wind. When she opened her eyes he was gone.

____________

Short crap chapter, but this basically a filler chapter. Next one will be better :)

Vote and comment.

-brooke