Chapter 3 - Unexpected Fallouts

"SOPHIA 20 MINUTES!" My mom shouted from downstairs.

The party was tonight at the beach. I was upstairs getting ready with my cousin, Dakota. She was a year older than me (24) and we were so close.

I was wearing a teal maxi dress and Dakota was wearing an ice blue flowy one. I chose to wear gladiator sandals whereas Dakota wore black flip flops. My hair was in a loose side ponytail, also loosely curled with a bling barrette. Dakota's was normal straight with some pieces of hair pinned up.

"I'm nervous," I admitted to her. She shook her head and grabbed my shoulders. "Sophia, there's no need to be nervous," she told me sincerely.

"Yes there is, he might fucking be there and I don't know what I'm going to do then. Run away?" I told her and she started to laugh.

"If he's there, we're gonna drink til we can't even stand. Me, you, Justin, Josh, Becky, Ricky, Eric and Lance." She told me and I smiled.

Becky, Ricky, Eric and Lance were our other cousins. Becky was a year younger than I (22) Ricky and Lance were twins and they were my age (23) Eric was a year younger than Josh.(25) We were all so close.

"Let's go now! It's getting late! Everyone is already there!" My mom yelled from downstairs.

For a 51 year old, she had humongously loud lungs. Dakota gave me a tight squeeze and we walked downstairs.

Getting to the beach, we saw that it was so nicely decorated. There were colorful lights hanging down from the poles, people were standing around laughing, chatting, eating or drinking. Some of the kids were playing in the water.

There was a tiki bar at the beach, and some people were just sitting there on the stools. I looked around and saw a huge banner that read "Welcome Home Sophia!"

When they announced I arrived, everyone stopped what they were doing and started to cheer and clap. My face turned red as I realized what they were doing. I smiled as I waved to everyone.

I met with everyone, had some conversations until I felt so exhausted. I went to the bar and grabbed a drink.

"Give me the strongest you got," I told the bartender and he winked. "Here you go." He said, passing me the glass, the drink a mocha brown color. 'Whiskey..' I thought to myself. Perfect.

I chugged it down, feeling the warmth of the drink rushing down my throat.

"Cheers." I told him, and walked away. He gave me a two fingered salute.

I walked away from all the partying and went to a place where I was alone. I just needed to get away from the attention.

I sighed, trying to clear my thoughts. I was finally back.

All of a sudden I was turned around and felt a pair of soft lips crashing onto mine. The person was rough, as if they were desperate, hungry, dying for this kiss.

I tried to resist but I just couldn't. I started to kiss back with more hunger, more need. The person, which I realized was now a man, grabbed my neck and pulled me closer to him, kissing me even deeper.

I raised my arms to his neck, toying with the hair he had. Wow, he had very long, soft hair...

He pulled away, and I gasped, needing air. God that was one of the best kisses of my life. I looked up to see the person who had kissed me. But before I could, the man disappeared.

What the hell?

I walked back to the party, searching for the person who kissed me. I felt so dirty. I just kissed a random person, it could have been some pervert for all I know. I'm such a hussy.