Chapter 8 - Trying To Move On

I held the heavy tool kit in my right hand, as I dragged it to the neighbours house. I walked up their driveway, my arm getting majorly tired.

"What the hell was even in this? Rocks?" I mumbled to myself.

"No actually, there's tools made out if metal in there. Hence the name 'Tool Kit.'" Tyler spoke out of nowhere causing me to scream out of shock and drop the damned "tool kit."

Just my luck, it ended up falling onto my foot, as I cried out in pain. "Tyler! Get it off!!"

He started to laugh as he walked towards me, picking the tool kit off of my foot with ease. "You're a tool, you made me drop this tool kit." I spoke, glaring at him with tears in my eyes.

He burst out laughing, and then looked at me.

"Whoa! You're crying? I didn't think it hurt that bad." All laughter was vanished from his face, concern filling his eyes.

"Oh, let me drop this 200 pound box of tools on your foot and see if it doesn't hurt." I said sarcastically, and he cracked a smile.

"No ones home, come inside I'll see what happened to your foot." He said and without warning, scooped me up into his arms, bridal style and walked to his house door.

In one hand, he was still holding the tool kit, plus my weight. How did he even manage?

"Yeah you carry me, you're the one who did this to me." I said to him jokingly and he laughed. "Most girls would have been like 'Oh em gee Tyler put me down you're gonna ruin my hair!'" He said in the most girly voice he could muster up.

I burst out laughing. "Sorry I'm not one of your groupies."

"And I'm glad for that," He said and looked into my eyes.

I looked away, and stared at the lock as he twisted it. It opened and he laid the tool kit on the ground. He carried me to the kitchen and set me down on the counter of the island.

He grabbed a first aid kit from the top cupboards, next to all the medicines. He lifted my right foot onto the counter and threw my flip flop off.

He examined my foot and I saw that it was swollen and starting to bruise. I gasped as he smiled.

"Drama queen." He said and my eyebrows lifted.

"I'm hurt!" I exclaimed, and he smiled once again.

"I know. Drama queen." He said and turned around to go to the freezer.

I huffed when he called me a drama queen again and crossed my arms. I was acting like a brat.

He grabbed an ice pack and wrapped it around a towel. He gently laid it down onto my foot.

"It's only a bruise, relax it'll be better in like two days." He told me and I nodded.

"Fine. Thanks for the ice, but don't worry, I'll ice it at home." I said, grabbing the ice pack and handing it back to him.

"Are you sure? Just keep the ice pack." He said to me and I shook my head.

"It's okay, I have lots at home."

I jumped off the counter and winced when I landed on the bruised foot. He stared as me as I waved goodbye.

"Bye Sophia." He said to my back, and I turned around.

"Bye Tyler." I said with a genuine smile.

I turned around and walked out the door and went home. I couldn't help but keep on smiling after saying bye to him.