Chapter 11 - Shock

**okay yeah I decided to continue haha. Thanks guys:)

Chapter 11 - Shock

These past few weeks went by like a blur. I found a part time job, not because I needed money, but just to have time pass. I was a waitress at a late night bar. It gave great money.

After that incident with Tyler, we hadn't talked. In fact, I didn't even see him. It was like he disappeared.

I couldn't say I didn't miss him. It was hard. Because I had finally started to see him a lot, and next thing you know, he's gone. It was weird.

I also finally moved into the apartment. And to be completely honest with you, I loved this. I loved living alone. Yeah sure, so sometimes it got lonely, but it was still amazing. The view was fantastic. There was a lot of buildings, and it was basically the centre of Miami.

I was in the middle of boiling pasta, and having a night in to myself. It was my first day off in an entire week. But the doorbell rung, breaking me out of my thoughts and back into reality.

I walked to the door, unlatching the lock and looking to see who it was. All I saw was a man's chest and my heart soared, thinking it was Tyler.

A smile bloomed onto my lips. Finally, after weeks, he was here to tell me that he didn't want to let me go, that the breakup years ago was a complete and utter mistake. That he still loved me?

It wasn't. All hope I had in my chest just vanished. Why would it be Tyler? I'm the one who told him to leave me alone. If anything, I should be the one going to him. But I was too much of a coward to do that.

I finally realized who it was, it was Andrew, with his arms wide open for a hug.

"Andrew!" I said, and stepped into his open arms. I felt very comfortable, and that's when it hit me.

The thought made me feel like the biggest bitch in the world. I couldn't believe it, and it made me so frustrated to even believe it.

I would only think of Andrew as a friend. I didn't see anything happening between us, even with everything at our date. For I was too busy trying to mend my still broken heart, it wouldn't be fair to Andrew if he had to stick with girl who was just using him as a rebound.

I hated it. I hated how it was so easy for Tyler to move on, and here I am, still so goddamn broken as if we broke up just minutes ago.

"I missed you." He said softly, cutting through my thoughts. My heart dropped even lower than before. In these past few weeks, we were hanging out a lot. During the day we would be together, and at night we would be on the phone. But he hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend or anything.

"You did?" I asked, miserably. At this point, I just wanted to fall down and cry. I felt like a kite. Reaching its highest point but then crashing to the ground as the wind disappeared.

Tyler was my wind.

"Of course I did." He said, pulling away from the hug and walking by me. He made himself comfortable on a bar stool.

I put the heat up a bit higher, since the room had gotten a bit chillier. I walked back to the stove to stir the pasta a bit.

"Hungry?" I asked him, wiping my hands on a towel.

"Starving." He admitted, chuckling slightly.

"Do you mind having pasta or would you like me to make you something else?" I asked, feeling a bit awkward.

"Pasta's my favourite food." He grinned. I have a feeling he was hiding something.

"Oh, what a coincidence. So is mine." I said, with a smile. I walked to the tv and turned it on. I scrolled through the guide, but couldn't see the words clearly. I walked back to the kitchen, remote in my hands and searching for my glasses.