Chapter 6 - Tyena

Chapter 6 - Tyena

I lay in bed, recalling the events on the night before. Basically, Tyler gave me dark ass hickies that will probably last about a week, Nate and I caught up, Beca and Ashley were both engaged, and Andrew asked me out on a date.

Andrew! I totally forgot to call him after Tyler took my phone! I immediately jumped up to grab my phone off the nightstand. Since the battery was dead, I plugged the charger into my phone. I had 4 missed calls, and 6 text messages.

All from Mr. Andrew Bast.

I felt like the biggest bitch. Ever.

I decided to check the messages first.

'No?'

'Who was that guy?'

'You have a boyfriend?'

'Yo reply,'

'Hello? Msg me back asap'

'You okay?'

I replied back, my fingers rapidly pressing the buttons.

'Omg, I am so sorry! No, I don't have a boyfriend and I'd love to go out with you! Name a day, and I'll be there.'

I set my phone back, and checked the time on the digital clock.

'8:56AM'

I pushed my pillow back into my face and fell asleep.

"You have to be serious about this honey, once you get there, the rooms aren't going to be filled." My mother was talking to me. "You need to buy all this furniture, refrigerators, beds, everything."

"Mom, I know that." I said to her, sitting crisscrossed on the ground. I was folding clothes into a suitcase in front of me.

"It's going to be a lot of money, sweetie. And unpacking, and you still need to make your books." She told me, then continued. "I think you would be better off in just staying here with us."

When my mom spoke those words, my heart broke. I could tell she wanted me to stay with them. But, I didn't blame her. When all your children have grown up, and moved away, it's obvious that you're going to be upset.

I would be upset if all my kids left me to move away.

"Aw mom, I completely understand that. But it's not like I'm going to be far away. I'm just a 20 minute drive away. And a phone call."

She sat on the bed, not leaning against the doorway anymore.

"But it's not going to be the same. You were gone for four years, and now you're just leaving again."

Now I was beginning to laugh. "Mom, I'm not going back to New York. I'm still here, in Miami, same city."

She sighed in exasperation.
"Fine." She got up and walked out.

Oh great. My mom was a total drama queen and now she's mad.

I'll let her calm down for a bit, then go down and talk to her. Man, she has to understand that it's time for me to grow up. I'm not 16 anymore.

I heard a car door slam, and I jumped. I turned my head to look outside, and it was Tyler in all his glory. He was walking to the front door of his old house.

I stared at him striding to the door, pulling out his keys, and unlocking the door. His body stance was of pure anger. You could tell he was majorly pissed off. He opened the front door, and slammed it. I flinched once again. I don't think I've ever seen him that angry.