Chapter 15 - I Can Do This

I woke up to 348 notifications. Not all of them were from Tyler, but definitely more than 90% of them were from him.

I don't know why he's trying to contact me, he made his decision. Once again he's choosing her. And today he'll get married to her.

I'm jealous. I'm jealous. I'm so jealous. I want to be the one marrying him, I want to be in Ava's spot right now. But I'm not. She's going to be the Mrs. Greene.

I'm stuck here as Lockhart. Forever.

I'll never find another love like Tyler, he'll always be there in my heart.

I sat on Justin's couch, little Stephanie on my lap. I was miserable. My hair was all wet from my shower, laying on a messy bun on top of my head. I was in an old raggedy shirt and my graduation sweatpants.

I was watching cartoons with Stephanie, and feeding her toast. I kept checking my phone every two minutes. I hadn't replied to any of his texts or calls from last night.

He was going to get married.

And it wasn't to me.

He was going to get married to the woman who I used to call my sister. Who I used to have silly sleepovers with, who I told everything to. What a shame that friendship that had become.

Then it hit me again. Tyler was getting married. I jumped up off the couch, and checked the time. In an hour!

Quickly pulling my hair out of my bun, "JUSTIN!" I screamed, and Steph covered her ears.

"Sorry honey," I said, rubbing her back. I picked her up, off my lap and put her on the couch. "I'll be back in a second."

I ran to Justin's room, to see he was still passed out. "Justin! Wake up!" I said, shaking him awake.

He grunted, "Go away, Sophia." He turned around, and I groaned.

"Justin! This is important!" I whined.

"Go ask Josh." He mumbled, and seconds later, I heard snores.

"You fucker." I said, grabbing a random shirt and whipping him with it.

I stomped out, and tried waking up Josh. That was an even harder task since he didn't even reply. He was out cold.

Jesus, I should have remembered he was the heaviest sleeper in the world.

I decided to take matters into my own hands. Grabbing Stephanie, I quickly packed some clothes. She would be doomed here alone with her hungover father and uncle.

"Auntie? Going where?" She asked, curiously.

"Grandma's house, sweetie." I said, and a huge grin spread across her face. She clapped her hands in glee.

I slung her bag over my shoulder, quickly wrote a note to say that I was going back, and taking Steph with me.

I grabbed my suitcase in the same hand, and with the other grabbed Steph's. We stole Justin's car keys, and left.

Buckling her in, I finally thought about what I was going to do. Putting a children's song disk into player, I became excited.

I was so done with running away from my problems. I was going to that goddamn wedding. I was going to let go of Tyler, just like he let go of me.

I was going to act like we were now strangers, and most importantly, just friends.

I was not going to be the homewrecker. He is going to have a wife. I'm not going to be sneaking behind her back to have a quick shag with him.