Chapter 5 - Don't Touch Me

"If this is where you want to live then by all means, live there!" My dad told me, joy in his voice.

I had showed them the apartment and they had all agreed to it. Tyler's dad was over as well, and since he was in the real estate business, he said it was a good idea.

I was so glad they approved of it. I had just fallen in love with the apartment when I first stepped into it. I called the receptionist saying that I was going to rent it out and she said that was alright. She told me I could move in on the 1st of October and since it was the 5th of September, I had enough time to repack the little stuff that I had unpacked when I arrived here.

But, I just couldn't get that look that was in Tyler's eyes out of my head. The coldness in his eyes. I don't know what I had done to make him be so angry..

Has he figured out something? I don't know.. Honestly, I shouldn't even care. It's good that he hates me, because then he won't talk to me. I don't need him back in my life. I was good without him for the last four years of my life.

He was just a person who meant a lot to me in my past. Now he's just somebody that I used to know. But honestly, I wanted to be his friend still.

He was a player, but at the same time a really good friend to his friends. Sure, he called them names, but who doesn't call their friends' names?

"Y'all should come over tonight for dinner. I think the wife's making meatloaf tonight." Tyler's dad had said to my dad, a hungry look in his eyes. God knows Patrick loves meatloaf.

He glanced at my mother as she walked into the room unexpectedly. "Oh hello Patrick!" she said.

"Hello Candace," He said hugging her and told her what he had told my dad as well. My mother nodded gleefully. "Oh yes, Patrick, we would love to come." She said with a smile and Patrick (Tyler's dad) friendly smiled.

My dad watched their encounter with a jealous look in his eyes. He might have had a small smile on his lips but everyone knew he was jealous. I laughed to myself. Lovely dad, be jealous of a small interaction.

"See you guys soon later on tonight then!" Tyler's dad had said, excitement in his voice. He was a very happy and enthusiastic person. You barely ever saw him angry.

"Bye Uncle Pat!" I had said, with a smile and a wave. He did the same and walked out of the door.

I decided to call up Ashley and Beca. We were going to have a girls night and go to the nearest club here downtown. They said to be ready by 8pm and it was 6 now.

I decided to shower. I didn't have to shave or anything because I use to get full body laser hair removal ever since I had moved here. My hair is never going to grow back ever again.

Once I got out, I wrapped a towel around my body, and one around my head and walked to my suitcases. Most of my clothes weren't unpacked so I had to bend down to find something.

Turns out that wasn't a good idea. Tyler was in his old room staring right at me with a smirk right across his face. I gasped, and ran to the window closing the blinds. But before I did, I middle fingered him.

What a pervert. Honestly I didn't care about him looking but.. He was my ex. It was major awkward and he had no right to do that.

I sighed and grabbed out a random lace dress. The body was pure red but the long sleeved arms were lace. I grabbed black stilettos and topped everything off with a black necklace.

I blow dried my hair and curled it, sighing when my hair looked a little bit too frizzy. After working on the same piece of hair at least 3 times, I gave up and did a half assed job. 'At least I finished' I thought to myself.