Chapter 4 - Awkward Conversations

"What are you doing here?" I asked her, my face filled with shock after seeing the girl who I used to tell everything to.

"Oh thank god you still live here." She said, letting out a sigh of relief.

"Okay, what do you want?" I asked her, in a bitchy tone. I still remember what she did at the after party.

"I came to talk to you about something very important."

"Then talk," I told her.

"Since you were once my best friend, I wanted to invite you to something." She told me. I stared at her oddly.

She looked so different now than back when I left. She had now blue eyes (she used to have brown) , bright red hair in long curls. She used to have brown pin straight hair. She was wearing a black mini skirt and a spaghetti strap green tank top.

"What is this 'something?'" I asked her and she handed me this decorated, red envelope which I guessed was a card.

"Hopefully you can make it." She smiled deviously, and walked away and out of my yard.

I raised an eyebrow, and chucked the envelope into the garbage. I didn't want to deal with her bullshit, nor did I want to attend her bullshit.

It was probably some messed up party that she always used to host. God, I hated those parties and yet I always went just for her.

I slammed the door, realizing it was a mistake when I remembered my hangover. I rubbed my head a couple of times and walked back upstairs, planning on falling right back to sleep.

But of course, Steph woke up and begged me to make her food.

"Here you go," I passed her the breakfast. She thanked me and started to dig in.

I felt so bad for Justin. She looked exactly like her mom, imagine the pain he goes through everyday. Having to be reminded of the girl who left him with just a newborn.

But I knew he loved Stephanie with all his heart, He would do anything for this little girl. And I realized, so would I. She was my only niece so far. I would always love her no matter what.

"Here auntie, I'm done." She handed me the plate and I saw it was all eaten.

"Good job sweetie." I told her and let out a toothy grin.

I didn't know how I was in such a good mood with such a bad hangover, but I just couldn't be mean to Stephanie.

"Steph, you watch some cartoons okay? Im just going to go back to sleep, grandma will probably be awake soon."

She nodded her head, turned on the the tv and started to play with some lego. I walked back upstairs, into the wrong place and ended up falling back asleep between Ricky and Lance.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"Your amount will be $38.65." The clerk told me as I was at the grocery store.

I decided to buy some junk food for everyone as they were staying over for another night. It was nice because all cousins were together, and all of their parents were together.

I gave her the money and walked out with the bags, about to put them in my dad's truck. I looked around the parking lot for the black ford but couldn't find it anywhere.

"Shit." I cursed to myself. How could I be so stupid and forget my own parking spot? I stood at the entrance of Wal.Mart looking for the truck. Five minutes had past now.