Chapter 12 - Pathetic

* Some swearing, watch out

Chapter 12 - Pathetic

My stomach was sick. My heart felt heavy, and my knees were shaky. Engaged? Dating? Married? Tyler.. I blinked a couple of times, not quite comprehending the words she said.

"Wait. What?" I asked her, a confused look on my face.

"I am going to be the future Mrs. Greene." She said, a smug, proud grin on her ugly little face.

I laughed. I laughed so hard in her face. I laughed to the point where there were tears running down my face, and I was coughing from too much laughter.

I laughed until the cows came home. I laughed to the point where Ava was getting angry and stomping her feet on the ground, asking me why I was crying.

I laughed so hard that all the neighbours on my floor had to open their doors to see which lunatic was cackling their throat away.

When finally I stopped laughing, she had her arms crossed and her face in a glare. "What's so funny?"

"You really want to know what's funny?" I asked rhetorically.

"What's funny is how you totally lied to me all these years. It's funny how I realize just now how hard you tried to sabotage Tyler and I's relationship. I saw you. On the night of grad when he broke up with me. You were all over him. It's funny how you made this all work out in your favour. It's funny. You're funny. I hope you have a fantastic wedding with my leftovers. Bitch."

I began to walk away, but before I did, I mustered up all the pain and hate I had for her these couple of years, and punched her right in her fake nose. Her blood splattered all over, and I felt excruciating pain in my right hand.

She immediately burst out crying, holding her nose. "You bitch! You're just a jealous whore! He's not yours anymore! He dumped your pathetic ass!" She exclaimed, holding her nose.

"I might be a bitch, or a whore, and have a pathetic ass but at least I'm not a homewrecker!" I shouted back.

"I don't care. In the end, he's still marrying me and not you. That's all I ever wanted." She spoke, her voice cold. "I always wanted him. You were little miss popular, and I was just your minion. I followed you around everywhere, just to get close to him." She rambled on.

"I would have been stupid to not pursue him when you guys ended. He was going to be successful, and he was just goddamn sexy. Plus he was amazing in bed. And yes Sophia, we fucked. Many times." Then her face twisted, and it got angry.

"But you know what, it was always you! Always! We might be getting married in a week, but he's still in love with you! It's your name he mumbles in his sleep, it's you who he thinks about when we bring up the word 'love', for fuck sakes, it's your name he fucking moans when he cums! It's you!"

I was literally blown away by the words she was speaking. To be honest, after hearing what she said about it always being me.. It kind of sparked something in me.

"And guess what? Only reason I'm marrying him, is because that's the only way you won't have him. I'll do anything for you two not to be together. Even if it risks my happiness in the end." She started breathing heavily after the huge speech she had just spoken.

"You're disgusting." I spat. I didn't know what else to say. I was speechless. What is wrong with this woman? She's fucking crazy!

"No, I'm smart. And I'm going to be Mrs. Greene. You're never going to be that." She bragged.

Time to leave Sophia. I breathed in and out. "Where's his apartment?" I asked her, forging calmness.

"I'm not telling you!" She squeaked. I lunged at her.

"If you don't fucking tell me, I'll smash your head in!" I raged. I felt like a man right now.

"Room 458, right down the hall!" She spoke fast, cringing away from me.

I gave her one look back, and walked away. To think his apartment room was a couple down from mine. Whatever. He was going to have a piece of my mind. Who kisses someone, multiple times, while being engaged?!

I felt bad for Ava now. But I didn't regret one single thing. She made me feel so played. I hated her.

I reached his door, and started banging on it. I was ready to find answers. If he's still so-called "in love with me" then why did he break up? I'm going to find out the real truth in why he broke up with me.

"Open the fucking door right now, Tyler! Or I swear God help me I will-" and with that, it was swung open to his stupid face.

"What are you doing here, and stop fucking yelling before someone calls the cops." He mumbled, walking away from the wide open door.

I took that as a gesture to come in. I strolled in, and there he was, laying on the couch playing video games. Fucking video games. I walked over to the outlet and unplugged the system.

I was seething.

"What the fuck was that!" He yelled, "why the hell would you do that? This is my house not yours!" He continued, "and how'd you get here? How do you even know I live here?"

He got up from the couch, and started to walk away. Why was he being a dick? Well.. I did tell him to basically fuck off before. But, I don't know. That wasn't really what I wanted, especially after hearing what Ava told me.

"I need to talk to you!" I yelled, following him to the kitchen where he was standing, grabbing a beer from the fridge.

"About what? I thought we were done talking?" He spoke, coldly.

"No. We're not even close to done." I said. Here it comes, Sophia. No point in beating around the bush. "Why'd you break up with me? I think I kind of deserve to know."

"I told you. I fell out of love with you." He spoke so casually. So truthfully..

"Oh." That was all I could say. I didn't know. I was speechless.

Did I really waste all these years thinking he still loved me? Still cared? Did I actually waste all those tears? Regret filled me to the bone.

"Yup. So if you don't mind, can you leave?" He spoke rudely, chugging the beer down. He slammed the can down onto the counter.

"Yeah. Okay. Sorry for bothering you." I spoke quietly, feeling low. My head was spinning with thoughts.

He just waved his hand, and that's when I knew I had to leave. I stumbled out the door and walked out, feeling even more pathetic than I did all those years ago.

~

Kinda short, but I updated. Probably doesn't make sense lol. Hope you guys enjoyed. This books coming to an end !