Part 3

“Harry’s been expelled from Hogwarts!”

We were sitting around the table eating Molly’s home cooked stew and Dumplings when Arthur arrived back and exclaimed that particular piece of news. “What?” We all said together.

“Harry” he panted “has been expelled from Hogwarts for using magic outside of school.”

“But Harry is more careful than that” Hermione replied “he wouldn’t just do magic for no reason.”

“What was the spell?” Ginny asked.

“Expecto Patronum.” Arthur stated. “I know, Hermione, but the fact of the matter is that he did; Dumbledore is sorting everything out now.”

I looked pointedly at Ginny, Hermione and Ron before saying. “Thanks for the food, Mrs Weasley, I’m beat so I’m going to bed; see you all tomorrow!” And I rushed out of the kitchen.

“But you haven’t had dessert yet!” Mrs Weasley called after me.

Ginny, Hermione and Ron joined me in my room five minutes later. “We aren’t allowed to contact Harry and this is what happens!” I started before they’d even sat down. “What the heck!”

“Did you even think that he was trying to rid of Dementors?” Hermione asked.

“Of course!” I snapped “Harry wouldn’t risk expulsion and having his wand snapped in two just so to use a spell that’s absolutely ineffective to anything but Dementors.” I started pacing around my room “We have to go and see him!”

“We can’t!” Hermione replied quickly “Dumbledore has this under control, if we go and see him we’re only going to make things worse; you know what his Aunt and uncle are like!”

“But we can’t just do nothing!” I cried “he’s our friend or had you forgotten about him?”

“You know” Ron piped up “I agree with Hermione.”

“Yeah, well you would.” I spat in annoyance.

He frowned at me “and what is that supposed to mean?”

“Stop it!” Hermione jumped in just as- CRACK- Fred appeared in my room. Fred and George had passed their apparition test over the summer and now apparated at any opportunity offered to them.

“Jesus!” I breathed as I almost had a heart attack.

“What are you guys screaming about?” He asked as he sat on my bed. “We could hear you from the kitchen.”

“I want to go and see Harry but they don’t.”

“We never said that we didn’t want to” Hermione defended herself “I just think that if we meddle, we’ll make things worse. Lilly, Dumbledore is the best person to deal with something like this; he’ll sort everything out and we’ll see Harry in no time.”