Part 17

Heyy, sorry for the long wait!! Just so you guys know, I've entered LS4 into the wattys so, when you can, get voting!!! 

Despite everything; if you need a little reminder…I’m pregnant, very hormonal and had an intoxicated father on Christmas day, I had a wonderful Christmas. I don’t think that I got around to mentioning my presents so here’s a list for you all.

Santa – A red/brown flying squirrel onesie and a cat woolly hat with hand pouches.

Ron – A box of chocolate frogs.

Harry – A new stretcher for my ear. (I’d started stretching my ears over the summer and had gotten the hole up to 10mm)

Hermione – Another homework diary and a knitted pair of mittens.

Fred – Another charm for my bracelet (genetic symbol for male and female)

Mr and Mrs Weasley – A ruby knitted Weasley jumper and a box of homemade fudge.

Sirius – A jar of peanut butter (my latest craving)

Lupin – A book about prenatal care.

Dobby – homemade socks with a dummy and nappy design.

Dad - £300 of muggle money, a lion charm for my bracelet and the hi-tops I’d been eyeing up a few days before Christmas.

Ellen and Tammy had split and had gotten me a bunch of DVD’s…too bad I don’t have a television.

Not a bad haul if I do say so myself.

“Dad!” I had two days left before school started back and I wanted nothing more than to lounge in my double bed (with Fred) and watch some of the DVD’s my friends had given me. I’d looked on the internet and had found a nice one for £200. I could, of course, use my money but if dad was happy to give me some then why should I?

“Inside voice please” he growled from the living room. He was still seething over his potions accident. “What do you want?” He asked as I walked in and hovered in the doorway.

“Well, you know that Tammy and Ellen brought me some DVD’s for Christmas?” I know that he remembered because I spent a long time trying to explain what they were to him.

“Yes.”

“Well, I can’t watch them because I don’t have a television and it would be a shame to give them back.”

“How much is a television?” Dad asked, frowning. He didn’t like the idea of one…because he couldn’t understand how they worked. He pulled out his wallet and took out a wad of muggle notes. “I don’t have much; is £600 enough? I have no idea-”

“That’s plenty” I smiled “could I use it…please?”

“I have no use for it” he replied as he handed the notes over “I think I may have more…ah yes” he pulled out another wad of 20’s and handed them over.

“Dad” I gawked as I counted up the money “there’s almost fifteen hundred here! Why do you have so much?”

“I got it so I could get you the things you wanted for Christmas and I wasn’t sure how much I’d need.”

I left him before he could change his mind and decided to bank the whole lot into my muggle bank account. I brought the television (flat screen 24 inch), a Blu-ray player and a bunch of snacks to tide myself and Fred over for the next few days. Peanut butter included.

When I got back, using a taxi because I could lug the TV around town, dad was out and I found Fred sitting on my bed with ‘I will keep my hands to myself’ written in bold black letters on his forehead. “I will keep my hands to myself” he told me before winking and saying “mostly.”