Part 6

Dad caught me and hugged me tightly. “I missed you!” I told him quietly.

“I missed you too” he confessed just as quietly.

Most normal teenagers would consider themselves to be too old to be caught throwing themselves at their parent, especially at fifteen, but I’ve never considered myself ordinary…especially when my only parental figure puts himself in danger on a daily basis. It was nice to see him again.  

Someone coughed and I felt dad’s posture stiffen before he dropped me, cleared his throat and said “as much as I appreciate the gesture, Lilliana, would you please make yourself presentable?”

I didn’t even blush when I realised that my top had ridden up and had tucked snuggled under my chest but I saw George sniggering quietly only shutting up when Fred elbowed him in the chest. There were more people in the room than what I remember. “Why? What’s wrong with what I’m wearing?”

“Lily, dear, why don’t you go and get yourself changed before breakfast?” Mrs Weasley suggested, taking the pressure off dad “then you can go out as soon as you’d like after you’ve eaten.”

“What do you mean ‘go out’?” I asked in confusion.

“Well” she smiled “we were discussing it last night; we’ve decided that Harry is going to be joining us sometime within the next twenty four hours so, whilst we decide how, you lot can do what you like today.”

“Oh!” I beamed “nice one, Mrs Weasley!”

“But it’s right back to work tomorrow” Molly told me sternly.

I just grinned at her again before I sprinted out of the kitchen and back up to my bedroom to change. Fred was sitting on my bed again. I padded over to him and sat beside him on the bed. “Well?” I asked with raised eyebrows.

“Well what?”

“Are you going to tell me what happened last night?”

“I…it doesn’t matter now.” He shuffled uncomfortable on the bed.

I rolled my eyes, slid off the bed and started to hunt for my clothes. “Avert your eyes, Weasley” I told him as I found my bra.

“But it’s more fun to watch” he grinned. The idea of him watching me change made me feel…weird; it wasn’t a bad weird, it was a feeling I’d felt before but only around Fred. I still can’t work out what it is but it made me blush and look away from him. “Hey” Fred said as he came over to me “I was only joking, I mean, you don’t have to do that.”

“It’s not that” I admitted, my heart beating faster as he rubbed my bare arms with his warm hands.

“Then what?”

“I’ll strike you a deal” I said quickly “you can watch…just this once…if you tell me your dream.”

“Uhm” he bit his lip “I’m not so sure that that’s such a great idea.” My heart dropped. He didn’t want to see me like that. I felt my eyes start to water and, once again, I turned away from him. “What…what did I- Oh…Lil, I didn’t mean it like that! Lil,” he turned me around to face him “I do want to watch but…I can barely control myself around you when you’re fully clothed!”

“Huh?” I frowned “what?”

It was his turn to blush. “You literally drive me crazy” he muttered so low that I could barely hear him “I don’t know if you understand or anything but-”

The penny dropped. “Fred” I cut in “I’m fifteen, of course I know what you’re talking about! Jeez, you make me feel so young sometimes.”