Part 19

Everything finally levelled out; I wasn’t quite so stressed now that I didn’t have a schedule to keep. I could sleep when I wanted, pee without having to ask and, thanks to Dobby, I could eat whenever and wherever I wanted. My school work didn’t plummet, if anything my already A* work got even better; Hermione leapt at the chance to help me and tutored me even though I picked it up fast and became better at spells and wrote longer essays than she but she kept her green eyed monster at bay and even learned a few things from me but by the time January had come to an end and February had become, it was getting harder and harder to move around. My back ached, my feet were sore and I just couldn’t cope moving around the school like before. It was horrible.

The depression set in soon after; I felt trapped, fat and ill all the time. It came to the point where I didn’t want to see anyone even though every seemed to want to see me after they’d heard the ‘triplets’ news; after a few days I’d had enough of it and decided to move out of Gryffindor tower and in with dad. I could guarantee that no one would bother me there.

“Lilliana” dad sighed one late February evening “are you going to leave your room any time soon?” I’d not left dad’s chambers in weeks for two reasons; one, I couldn’t be bothered to move and two, I didn’t want to see anyone and now I was laying in my temporary bed, on my back with my tummy on display.

“No” I grunted “why?”

“Because you smell worse than Mundungus Fletcher and your friends keep asking me how you are.”

I frowned and then decided that he was probably right about the smell, I hadn’t showered in a while. “I guess” I sighed “I should see then, I just get so tired moving around; I read up on this multiple pregnancy thing and learned that most women end up on bed rest. Dad, I’m tiny, I reckon your dark house stunted my growth or something.”

He stared at me for a moment or two; he was still having an issue stomaching the fact that I was going from have no babies to three before my sixteenth. “You are small but that’s nothing to do with me; I raised you well. You have visitors but I suggest you wash before I let them in; they may well pass out.”

“Hey” I grunted “it’s not that bad! Anyway” I blushed “I need help now; why do you think I’ve left it so long? It’s not as if I wanted to ask you.”

“Put on your bathing suit and get Granger to assist” he suggested “or Ginny Weasley.”

There was nothing more unappealing than my friends helping me wash “surely there’s a spell; what about scourgify?”

He raised an eyebrow at me before shrugging, pulling out his wand and casting the cleaning spell. My clothes were spotlessly clean but I still smelt bad. “You don’t think that I would have used it before now?” Dad asked, smirking slightly “bathing suit, bath, now.”

~*~

My bath lifted my mood and I was feeling slightly happier, fat still but happy. Hermione, Ginny, Harry, Ron and Fred had come to see me in dad’s chambers. After a while he got annoyed and bailed to the staff room.

“I miss Quidditch” I sighed “a lot.”

“Me too” replied Harry and Fred in unison.

“What?” I looked at them in confusion “why aren’t you playing?”

“They beat up Malfoy, muggle style” Ginny told me in annoyance “Umbridge banned them and George and locked their brooms in her office.”

Fred shrugged “doesn’t matter anyway, not sticking around for much longer.”

“But what about the DA?” I asked.