Chapter 16- Lovestruck

We stepped out of the room and to the tour bus. I grabbed my bag of batons and fire batons. We pulled up next to a red carpet. A RED CARPET! I put the bag on my shoulder and bounced over to Frank. He put his arm around my hip and kissed my forehead. "You'll do great, I know you will." Frank whispered into my ear. The bus doors opened up and I took a deep breath. I Gerard went first, and the rest of wrestled to get through the door. When we were all finally out the paparazzi was everywhere! They were filming, snapping pictures, and shouting questions.

We finally got to the doors and pushed our way inside. They whole audience cheered and clapped as we walked to our seats. The announcer guy, person, dude, started to hand out awards. Long story short, Jonny Depp won best actor, Criss Angel (Mindfreak) won best show, and then it was our turn. "Would Green Day, My Chemical Romance, and," He squinted his eyes at the card, "And Lady Gaga come to the stage?" Mine and Paisley's eyes went huge at the mention of Green Day. We think they are the second best band in the world! (MCR being first, duh.) We eagerly walked up to the stage and I stood next to Frank. The announcer said into the microphone, "Third place in the category best band/musician is.... Lady Gaga!" The crowd went nuts but me and Frank looked at each other and snorted back laughter. We excitedly waited her to finish the speech. "Second place in the category best band/musician is...... Green Day!" The crowd went to screaming, yelling, and clapping. Aaaaahhh! I could reach out and touch Billie if I wanted! I wanted to, but I didn't. I had a small crush on him before Frank, but it didn't last that long.

"Thank you guys so much for voting for us and, well, it really can't be put into words how much this means to us! So I'll just do this..." Billie said and walked to the center of the stage taking the mic with him. He put the mic to his mouth and began, "Sure I'm disappointed we didn't win first, but hey, we made it this far! If we did get second place, I'm glad my pals, the band My Chemical Romance, came in first!" Billie yelled into the microphone. They went down the line shaking our hands and they even shook mine and Paisley's hands! Billie patted Gerard on the shoulder and handed the mic over. A girl in a fluffy red dress handed the trophy to the guys and congratulated them. They thanked her and Gerard began, "Well, gosh, we, we don't know what to say." Frank grabbed the mic and interrupted Gerard, "I LOVE YOU ALL!" The crowd once again went totally insane. I even saw Jonny Depp cover his ears and laugh. Frank grinned and handed the mic back to Gerard. "We have a special show for you, performed by my girlfriend Paisley and Frank's girlfriend Kat." Me and Paisley started to move into position but Gerard spoke into the mic making us stop. "But first there is something very important we need to do."

Gerard pulled Paisley to the front of the stage and Frank did the same for me. Gerard handed Paisley the microphone and whispered something into her ear. She put the mic to her mouth and looked at me. "Hey everybody, as you may have noticed I'm Gerard Way's girlfriend!" Some girl from the back stood up and shouted,"LUCKY!" and Paisley just giggled and continued. "Thank you guys so much for everything, voting, being here, and loving My Chemical Romance!" Paisley yelled and walked to me. She handed me the microphone and winked at me. "Um hey, I'm Kat and I'm Frank Iero's girlfriend." I waited for the crowd to stop cheering, "Like my best friend Paisley said, thank you all!" Gerard took the mic back and stood in the middle of the stage. "Now for the really important part. Frank." Frank nodded and walked to me, back to the crowd. By now he had acquired a clip on mic, attached to the strap of his bulletproof vest, yes he actually wore it. He kneeled on one knee and gazed up at me. My breath caught in my throat. Frank produced a small box from nowhere. The crowd gasped. "Will you, Kat Byrne, marry me? Become Kat Iero, and make me the happiest man on Earth?" The crowd looked at me and I almost choked on my happiness. Billie even leaned up close to watch, almost falling out of his seat in the process.

"Frank," I said loud enough so the mic picked it up. The crowd leaned forward, anxious to hear my answer. "YES FRANK I WILL MARRY YOU!" I screamed. The crowd cheered, Frank jumped up, he put his hands on my hips and kissed me. The crowd awww'd and Frank said, still with the mic on, "I love you, forever and always." "I love you and always will." I said, resting my forehead on his. The crowd stood up and cheered for the millionth time tonight. Frank unclipped the mic and handed it to Gerard. Gerard clipped it to the top of his shirt and stood in front of Paisley, back to the crowd and kneeled down on one knee. I gasped and smiled. He pulled the box out of his pocket and opened it. "Paisley Jones, will you marry me? You'll live a happy life as Paisley Way if you say yes. I love you and have since I first met you." Paisley took a deep breath and looked over Gerard's shoulder at the massive crowd waiting to hear her answer. Almost everyone was nodding their heads and smiling. "Gerard... I will marry you! I love you and always will!" The crowd of people burst into a clapping fit and snapped pictures and recorded the whole thing. Gerard picked Paisley up and whirled her around. "The show you were talking about?" The announcer said startling us. I had completely forgotten!

I shuffled to the other side of the stage and slid back with the baton case on my back. Fire batons. I pulled four of the batons out and tossed two to Paisley. She started stretching and told me to. I plopped down on my back and did a one legged back bend. I flipped my legs over my head and landed in the splits. I heard Frank and Mikey grunt and the rest of the guys silently said "ow..." I looked over to see Paisley copying me. Time to start the show! I held the two batons and Mikey and Ray came over light them. I held up my hand to stop Ray. The audience whispered and wondered what I was doing. Since I didn't have a mic, I pointed to his fro. The crowd laughed and Ray crossed his arms over his chest. I turned his back to me and ruffled his fro as the audience laughed. He slapped my hand and laughed. I whispered in his ear, "Fro dude...Ponytail needed. Unless you want a flame fro." I yanked his afro back into a ponytail. Then handed the lighter back. I held the batons in each hand. I made sure Bob and Gerard helped light Paisley's batons. "On the count of three!" Frank yelled in the microphone. "One.....two......THREE!" As soon as he said three the baton ends were on fire. The people ooh'd and aww'd. You have to keep the batons moving or the fire gets out of hand, so I immediately spun the baton between my fingers. The guys ran as soon as the batons lit. Did hey not trust me enough?

The song "The Sharpest Lives" came on and we started the routine right away. It was a speed routine, it's a very fast song! We twirled as fast as we could, and the big toss was coming up. A three spin. The second time Gerard sang, "Give me a shot to remember," that was our que. I did a flourish, a whip, and a mega thumb toss. I spun once, the audience counted "one, two, three," The baton stil had some air time and so did Paisley's. We made eye contact for a split second and went for it, still spinning the other baton. "FOUR!!!" the crowd screamed. We finished our routine and breathed heavily. Our batons' fires went out at the exact time the song ended. Perfect.