The Deal

The nurse came in and sat in a rolly/spinny/office chair. She rolled over to me which made me giggle a bit. She said, "Now Mrs....., anywaaaay you are free to go home, come back in two weeks and we'll get those stitches out. Take one of these a day." she handed me a pill bottle.

I took the bottle and said, "My name is Kat by the way." I walked over to the band and thanked them a million times. They drove me home and I thanked them another million times. Gerard asked me, "Do you know a good hotel around here?"

I said, "Nope, but ya'll can stay here. I'm all alone in a three story house, with a hundred stitches in my face, ya'll saved my life too. You are certainly welcome here."

Gerard said, "Are you sure? You really don't have to-"

I said, "NOOOO!! I WANT YOU TO STAY!"

Josh butted in and said, "I'm gonna go back to California, I'll send a plane for you in a month." He turned to me and said, "Only if you don't mind Kat."

I replied with, "That'd be perfect! I'm gonna miss you Josh!"

The boys got their clothes off the bus while I hugged Josh and thanked him for saving my life again. He waved goodbye to the boys and shot them a "be good" look.

We all walked back to the house. I opened the door and looked around at the giant living room. The guys looked at me, then back to the living room and said, "WWWWHHHOOOOOOOAAAAAA....."

I laughed and told them to pick any room they wanted, and all five of them ran for the stairs. I heard shouts of  " This one is mine!" and "I call this one!"

I giggled silently to myself and then remembered the note on the door. I walked to the door and ripped the note off. Here is what it said:

Kat,

We aren't that sorry but we are leaving for 3 months, live on your own. We expect dinner and a clean house when we come back!  We hate you but we need you. We'll still pay the bills because you have to have water and lights to clean and cook.

I dropped to the couch and buried my face in my hands, and let a single tear fall silently. Then I heard the guys thunder down the steps. They came to a sudden stop at the bottom. I looked up and wiped the tear away. They all came and sat on the huge brown couch. Mikey was on my left, and Gerard was on my right. Mikey wrapped me in a hug and said, "Do you wanna talk about it?"

I shook my head and passed him the note. Mikey read it and passed it to Gerard and so on until it came back to me. They all gave me a group hug and told me to go get some rest. I told them to wake me when they needed something.

"Go to sleep Kat, you need some rest.", Frank said putting his hands on my shoulders.

His eyes looked so dreamy from here, wait what am I doing again? "Okay guys do whatever you want. But, seriously if you need any-"

Frank interrupted pointing at the stairs, "Go, Kat."

I hugged him, "Thank you guys so much! I can't thank you enough!"

I didn't realize how tired I was until I got up to my room. I plopped on my bed. I always curl into a ball and literally sleep like a cat. I've learned to keep one eye half open when I sleep. I'll always be ready to fight back.

I awoke to light footsteps and Mikey's voice. "Whoa she sleeps like a cat....." The footsteps got quieter until I couldn't hear them anymore.