Legend (Prologue)

• Dedicated to Jennifer Desrosins

Prologue

 “Come on Elizabeth you can do it push” she was breathing hard “Ahhhh!. Where is my husband”

 “I’m sorry my lady he is still in war”

 “What, dose he not know I’m having a baby!”

 “Yes well –"

 “Bring him now I’m not having this baby with out him!”

 “But please you must not hold it any more longer it would hurt you and the baby”

 Tears came down her eyes “I don’t care!” she shook her head “Ahhh!”.

****************

 “My lord your wife is having the baby!”

 “What now!” he yelled over the sound of two sword dancing and bombs letting lose. “Yes you must hurry she said she won't have it with out you”

 “But I’m in the middle of battle”

 “You must come she can't hold it in much longer” he took a long deep breath and punched a guy out  “Go my lord I’ll stay here”

 " Robert I ca—“ He called his horse and hoped on.

 “Go your wife needs you” he said with a smile and ride away with his horse in to the battle fild.

 He bowed his head  “Rest in pace my friend. Let’s go”

*************

 “Ahhhh!”

 “Push” Elizabeth was screaming in pain she wouldn’t have her baby until Jonathan came “Where on earth is this man. Ahhhh”

 He came busting threw the doors “I’m here, I’m here my love” she gave him a mean look she was to tried to talk he looked in to her eyes I’m sorry.

  “Ok my lady take slow deep breaths and push” Elizabeth took short breaths she couldn’t take the pain one min. she pushed the next she passed out she kept getting sick “Its ok you can do this” said Jonathan Elizabeth was crying and praying that they baby would come out of her a few hours later it came out “Ahhh!”

 “Good almost there. There you go you did it” said the nures Jonathan was surprise to be the one to lay his eyes on his first child “She’s so beautiful” the doctor said after cleaning her “Would you like to hold her?” Jonathan didn’t know what to say he was speech less “Here” she handed him the baby he told her tight and close to his arms having this baby was the only thing that made him feel good he left the war behind him.

 He forget everything and what was going out side around him “Your so small” he said with a smile he stated to rock her “You’re my baby girl and I will always love you and I promise once this evil war is over  I’m going to take you some where safe with mommy too” he looked over towards Elizabeth “Liz?” he slowly walked over to her bed her eyes where close “Honey wake up” he shook her but she didn’t move “Move out of the way” she the doctor “She’s not breathing!”

“What!” he said “Look it’s not good for you to be here you need to get out of here”

“No but—“

 They kicked him out the room and was left standing in the hall he was still holding the baby “Its ok your mom is strong she will be fine” he kept saying while kissing her on the forehead. An few hours later the doctor open the door “You can come in now” he rushed inside and let the doctor hold the baby “Elizabeth speak to me!” she slowly open here eyes “duck?” he smiled “Yes its your duck” he kissed her hand and healed it tight “I’m so sorry”

 “Shhh” he said touching her forehead “Don’t say that you did good” 

 “I’m just glad to see you one last time” she closed her eyes “Wait what do you mean?”

 "I think there’s something you should know” Jonathan look at the doctor she had that kind of look you give a child when your pet gold fish is dead and there telling you its to late there’s nothing you can do.

 “No don’t say it, Elizabeth , Elizabeth , Elizabeth!!!” he kept yelling and shaking her to wake up “Wake up, wake up” the baby started to cry he took the baby from the doctor hands “Hey look, look at the baby “ the baby was still crying she slowly open her eyes “Aw she so beautiful she has your eyes” she whispered “Ya I guess” he looked at baby still crying “And wines like you too” she said with a smiled trying to laugh but came out like a cough “Liz”

 “Ok Duck can I sleep now”

 “What, I mean not yet we have to find out the name first”

 “May be later" slowly her eyes were starting to close.

 “Wait hold on for a bit longer” tears started to form.

 “I love you Willow” she slowly put her hand over the baby  forehead and closed her eyes.

 “Elizabeth, Elizabeth , Elizabeth!!”