Final showdown

This is the last chapter of my story before the epilogue. I hope you all like it!

IMPORTANT

Just to clarify for anyone who is confused, we have skipped forwards six weeks from when Marcus was beaten up by Max

xoxo:)

________________________________________________________________________

Max's POV 

Arriving home, I flopped down on the sofa. Angel had mentioned something about Marcus earlier and had brought all my worries back to the forefront of my mind. I did a quick calculation and realised that it had been exactly six weeks since I beat him up, more than enough for him to heal. God time flies! It felt like it was only yesterday that it was Angel’s birthday, now we were preparing for final exams and choosing our college.

'Um, Max?'

My head snapped up to Jade, she was holding a letter in hand

'Yeah?'

Jade bit her lip, looking worried 'Never mind'

I furrowed my brow for a moment before sighing and returning to my thoughts. Jade was weird, it probably wasn't important.

My relationship with Angel was getting serious now, I knew she was ready for sex and we had talked it over that afternoon. We wanted to plan things and work it out properly; it seemed like the right thing to do. Angel and I decided on Thursday, my birthday. We were going out to dinner before coming back home and well...

I smiled, I was happy to finally know I could finally claim Angel. It was most definitely going to be my best birthday yet. Angel could make me feel things deeper than I could explain. She was amazing and I knew one day that if she allowed me, I would propose. I loved her more than anything, more than I had ever loved Jade and certainly more than I had ever loved anyone before that.

I jogged upstairs to my room, grabbing a new pair of boxers before sliding open my window. I jumped, smacking my head on the window frame hard as I looked down into Angel's grinning face. 

'Holy shit! Oh my god Angel! What are you doing?!'

'Exactly what you would be doing if the roles were reversed. I'm sleeping at yours tonight' Angel stated in a matter-of-fact term

'Wait, what? Why?'

'Why not? You sleep at mine all the time. I want to give your bed a try before Thursday, check if it's good enough' She gave me a sexy little smirk and I quickly leaned down to grab her hand, rolling my eyes

'Get in here. Hang on, where's your stuff?'

Angel looked at me confused 'What stuff?'

'Well what are you planning on sleeping in?'

'Oh. Ummm... I don't have anything'

'That's apparent. It's ok, you can borrow my stuff. I'm just going downstairs to grab some food for us, you have a shower and get changed'

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a grin creep onto Angel's face. I knew she had been hoping to wear my clothes.

Down in the kitchen, I heard the shower begin to run. I grabbed a container of bolognaise out of the freezer and left it on the counter to thaw while I put on some pasta. I eventually stuck the sauce in the microwave and waited until I could serve both elements of the meal into the bowls I had on the bench. Normally I would make more of an effort for her, but she hadn't given me any warning so she would have to deal.