new kid(s)?

Angel's POV

The rest of the holidays passed quickly and without disruption. I caught up with Stacey and Arabella a few times, and Max started to sleep over at my house a little more often. In the final week, I caught a cold and so missed the first day of school. Max stayed with me, but we both went back on the second day.

 'Angel!'

I looked up just in time to see Stacey's face before she tackled me to the ground in what she seemed to think was a hug. The air was pushed out of me in one great "oof!" and I struggled underneath her, trying to draw breath

'Sta...cey!!! Can't... breathe...' I wheezed out

Stacey giggled and pushed herself off me before reaching out her hand for me to grip

'Oh my god Angel! The hottest new guy joined the school! I am asking him out this afternoon!'

'What happened to the twins? I thought you were "Totally in love"'

'Oh, didn't you know? Jake asked Bella out'

'Wait, Jake asked Arabella out? OUR Arabella?'

Stacey looked slightly crestfallen before replying 'Yes, yes he did'

I eyed Stace carefully, weighing up what I would say to her. 'So basically this guy's a tool for getting Jake back and punishing Bella for taking him?'

'What- How did you know?'

'Stace, I've known you since year 7. You're a sadistic bitch who will stop at nothing to get what she wants, even if it means stealing your best friends man.'

Stacey laughed, taking it as a compliment and NOT how I meant it. 'I suppose I am, but he was myman first'

'It's your damn funeral'

Stacey looked at me strangely, as though shocked at what I said. I just waved to her and muttered that I "had to grab something from my locker"

Max's POV

I walked into first period - Maths - and reclined back into my chair. This class was a piece of cake! I was in an AP class for it and I still found much to easy. 

Mrs Feltham hurried in with a new student in tow. I rolled my eyes, knowing they would be sitting in the only spare seat, the one next to me. I could only hope it wasn't some weirdo with gross habits.

Did I really just say that? I mean I guess it's true, I don't want that, but normally I'm not that fussed. Angel must be rubbing off on me.

I grinned at that, I was amazingly lucky to have Angel, it was ironic actually. Every single guy in the school wanted her, including the popular ones. And she chose me.

'Marcus Fresh'

The name sliced through me like a knife and I sat bolt upright. Who said that? Looking up to the front, I held back a gasp as I noticed for the first time, the man standing there. Fuck.

'Ok well Marcus, if you just go take that seat next to Max and he'll get you settled'

I bit down hard on my tongue, the metallic taste of blood spreading through my mouth as I broke the skin.

What in Satan's name was he doing here?! This wasn't supposed to be happening! I moved here to avoid him, not have him fucking follow me!

Angrily, I shoved my books off the spare desk and attempted to slide as far away from him as I could before he sat down.

'What a pleasant surprise to see you here Max!' Marcus said just loud enough for me alone to hear. The psychotic tone in which he said it with shook me. God someone should just kill me now