hangover

Holy mother of god my head hurt! I moaned and attempted to roll over, but hit a wall... A WALL?! Since when has my bed been up against a wall?! I trailed my fingers up it and froze. Ohmigod! That wasn't a wall. That was a person. I tried to think back to last night and almost instantly, a sharp pain pierced my head. I felt a sudden wave of nausea and forgetting about etiquette, I bolted out of my bed. Not caring if I had woken up whoever was in there. I made it to the toilet and threw up about a gallon of punch. That's what it felt like anyway. I staggered back to bed and got in. Someones arms wrapped around me and they whispered

'You okay?'

I sat up quickly, or tried to anyway. The arms held me down like an anvil. maybe I was just weak from vomiting. I was rolled on top of somebodies chest and at last I could see who it was. Max.

Memories from last night came rushing back and I began to hyperventilate. I attempted to think through the thick haze of pain in my head to remember if anything had happened afterwards. After all that fuss over Jesse, did I end up having sex anyway? I tried to think logically. We were both fully clothed (well Max's top was off but still...' and I didn't feel violated or sore... My breathing slowed and I just had to pop the question. Just to be sure nothing had happened.

'Last night.' I started 'Did we...' I trailed off uncomfortably, worrying about what I would do if we had oh my god, what had I gotten myself into this time.

'No Angel. I promise I did not take advantage of you in any way.' 

That relaxed me and I dropped my head onto his chest. 'I feel like I'm slowly dying.' I moaned. He chuckled and said;

'I'm not surprised after the amount of alcohol you must have had last night! That and the stress you experienced afterwards!' 

That reminded me.

'How did you get in here? Last night I mean'

'Angel, you may not have noticed, but I have been your neighbour for the past year.' He snickered

'Which house?'

'The one right next to you,' He grinned 'You see that window right there? That's my room.'

Wait, the house next door really was his?! I've never even seen him near there! Oh my god. Well I 'spose the blinds had never been left open really, and I'm not a perv so I have to say, I hadn't noticed.

'Oh' was all I could say

'Come on, lets get you breakfast.' Max got up from the bed and was leaning down to pick me up before I stopped him.

'We don't need to go down, the help bring my breakfast up on Saturdays. I usually have a hangover.' 

'Wow. You are going to die really young.'

'Wait, what?'

'Well, you know. Alcohol kills.'

I glared at him before thinking of something I really should have asked him before.

'If nothing happened last night, why are you sleeping in my bed?' I eyed him suspiciously as I waited for him to answer.

He laughed and replied 'You cried yourself to sleep on top of me and when I tried to leave you in bed, you held on to me and whimpered when I tried to leave. It seemed like the only kind thing to do in that position was to stay with you and try and get some sleep. You're bed is very comfy by the way!' He grinned as I flushed in embarrassment and gave him death eyes.

'Well as much as I appreciate it, which, may I add is next to zero, you are gonna have to make it look as though you crashed on the floor. We can't have the maids thinking I slept with you.' I smirked at him as his face turned to one of betrayal

'And after all I did for you!'

I laughed as his face turned comically offended. Acting as though he was upset at what I had said. I shoved him out of the bed.

'Come on, I'll even help you. You have to be quick though, 'cos my breakfast is due in ten minutes.' I had just caught sight of the time and held back a gasp as I realised it was almost 11:30am.

'Oh no, no way are you getting out of bed. I will make it myself.' He instructed.

The bed was made just in time as there was a gentle knock on the door (which sounded like gunshots in my hangover!) and it slowly creaked open.

'Here's your breakfast Miss.' Sarah, one of the maids sidled up to my bed and laid the breakfast tray on my lap. She looked around the room and cocked an eyebrow at Max. She opened the blinds slightly and then exited the room. Winking at me on the way out. 

I let out a sigh and yelled out to Sarah 'You might not have noticed but there is another human being in my room.' I grinned at her as she re-entered the room, 'I think he may need feeding.' I giggled at little as the thought dawned on Sarah

'Oops, sorry!' She said quickly 'Sir, what would you like?'

'No problem' Max waved it off. 'But if you don't mind, it'd be great to have some toast?' He stated it like a question and I sighed and cut in

'He'd like those awesome pancakes chef does with ice cream, maple syrup and bacon all on little side plates so he can add what he likes. Drinks?' I looked at him expectantly as his eyes widened in surprise 'Come on Max, Sarah doesn't have all day! What coffee do you drink?!'

'Oh ummm... Is double espresso OK?' He still looked uncomfortable so I nodded to Sarah that that was what he would have.

Sarah left the room and Max looked over at me

'Jesus Christ! I didn't need all that!' 

'Max, you needed something to eat and why not take advantage of good service?' I sighed and gestured for him to come into my bed. I snuggled up against him. Feeling his warm muscly chest and wishing we could stay like this forever. With Max around, I knew nothing could hurt me.