Nerd gone bad

I cannot believe those stupid nerds!!!!! 

They let out the information on what I was wearing AND the fact I was stupid enough to go to school! One of the boys had sneaked a picture and photo shopped themselves into it so it looks as though I have my arm around them! Holy fucking mother of god! Anyway, I managed to turn it cool by grabbing my pair of Chanel nerd alert glasses as I left the house. Arabella had forgotten the whole "fashionably late" idea, but in this case it worked in our favour because it meant she had been able to warn us about the leak and we had been able to change into "nerd gone bad".

 I told Harold to bring the hummer this morning; we were picking Stacey up on the way through to school. This afternoon I had set aside for seeing Gina as she hadn't been at work yesterday and was a no-show this morning. I really am worried about her now, she's never been particularly well off on money and I couldn't bare it if something happened to her.

The day passed reasonably uneventfully, people complimented the look in the right way and the people who went home for lunch arrived back with their own versions and modifications on the look, none of them pulled it off as well as us of course.

Coming home that evening, I came across an unpleasant surprise.

I unlocked the door and stepped through 

'Hey Angel, is that you?'

'Yeah. Is that you dad?' I don't like calling my father dad; a father is really all he is. Someone who provided me with life and is related to me by blood, not by choice, someone who provides me with the physical things I need to live, not the emotional.

'Sweetie, come have a seat.' 

I rolled my eyes and walked through to the living room, plopping myself down on the sofa.

'What's up?'

‘Well I would like you to have dinner with me tonight.’

‘Ugh, whatever. Can’t you just talk now?!’

‘Come on Angel! I just want to talk! I haven’t seen you for ages!’

‘Fine, fine. Whatever. See you then.’ I rolled my eyes and walked out

I had to go see Gina. I was going to grab takeaways and take them over to Gina’s, but my father had wrecked that plan now. God I hated that man sometimes.

I grabbed the car keys and walked back outside to the car. I shoved them in the ignition angrily and stabbed the button that turned on the radio. One of the things people often didn’t know about me was that I liked to sing, I guess it just soothed my in a way. Jessie J’s “who’s laughing now” came on. I loved this song and it was probably because I could relate to it on a level. I remember in primary school where I used to get teased about my teeth,

“Oh Jessie you’re so funny, you’ve got teeth just like bugs bunny!”

Yeah, I could relate to that. Back then, buck teeth were the bane of my existence. If only I’d known back then that just telling someone you were rich could change all that.

I sang all the way to Gina’s, allowing all my anger to escape me.

I took the lift up to her level and was about to step around the corner when I heard Gina’s voice

‘So what should I be expecting? How many months do I have left?’ Gina’s voice sounded strained and upset.

I know I probably shouldn’t have, but I hid around the corner, curious as to what was going on. Maybe I could help her somehow.

‘Are you sure you wish to know? It may be easier just to live your life without extra stress added by the expiry date.’ A man’s voice was heard, he sounded sad and gentle

‘No. I have to know. I need to know so I can get everything done I wish to.’

Was Gina having trouble paying the rent? What else could it be? I reasoned with myself, it didn’t really make sense that it could be anything else.

I began to move forward, not even realising what I was doing.

‘Oh! Angel! I didn’t realise you were coming! You haven’t been here long have you?’ Her voice sounded strange, strained and uncomfortable and her face looked happy but the obvious surprise and discomfort was poorly hidden.

‘I’ll leave you to it Ms Young.’ He smiled sadly at Gina and walked away.

Gina waved at him, her eyes clouding over with grief. What was happening?!

‘Gina, are you having trouble with the rent? You know I wouldn’t hesitate to help you, you deserve a pay rise anyway.’

‘No, no. Nothing like that Angel. I’ll live through that

Was that supposed to be double edged? It sounded like she was implying something different.

‘OK well let’s go inside. I don’t have long here, fathers home’ I scowled as I added the last sentence on.

Gina’s POV

I couldn’t allow Angel to find out, it would break her heart. I loved how she wished to help me, but this time, there was nothing she could do. This time, there was nothing anyone could do but wait.

I had told her father what was happening, but I had asked him not to tell her. He had given me his word, and that was not something I had ever known Mr Lee to break.

Life is a horrible thing sometimes, but you learn to deal

Angels POV

Gina was staring into space, lost in her own world. I was about to clear my throat and relieve her of her reverie, when she jerked suddenly and her eyes slid back into focus.

‘Sorry Angel, did I zone out?’

‘No problem at all Gina, I imagine it was for a good cause’ I smiled at her and walked to her kitchen to fetch a cup of tea for her.

‘Oh Angel, don’t worry I’ll grab the tea!’ Gina protested as I grabbed the tea bags and began a search for mugs

‘No Gina, you look after me all the time, now it’s my turn to do the same for you.’

Gina smiled at this, ‘Thank you Angel, your name really suits you by the way, you know that?’

‘Ha ha. Very funny Gina’ I heaped on the sarcasm as I said this, my guess was that she needed a little cheering up.

We sat over the two mugs of tea for just under an hour before I realised what the time was.

‘Oh crap! Sorry Gina I have to go, dad wanted me to have dinner with him.’

‘Don’t worry about it Angel, I’m sorry, I should have kept an eye on the time!’

I rolled my eyes at her; ‘Stop blaming things on yourself Gina, it was my fault’

I glared at her as she opened her mouth to protest and she quickly snapped it shut, still looking dissatisfied with the conclusion I had drawn

I kissed Gina on the cheek and walked to the elevator, clicking the button and entering as it opened.

_____________________________________________________

So I have some questions for you guys :)

Do you enjoy reading other people's POV's? Should I do more from and about Max?

I have a challenge too. I am finding it impossible to make a cover that I like. What I need is something with a little bit of colour and something that looks interesting. It has to say the title too. If you guys think you can do something along the lines of this, send it to via private message or email

(if you know it) and whichever one I like most, I will use! 

I hope you guys are enjoying the story :) if you are and you think it's worth it, then VOTE and COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love to get feedback and hear what you guys think so WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR! And if you're really eager, go ahead and fan! I won't complain ;)

Luv u all heaps

Ruby xoxo:)