neuf ~ Bubblegum bitch

Dan's POV

"So, you and Phil have been together for a year, right?" the officer asks me and I nod. "You two have a youtube show, AND Radio show, so no matter what, I believe that at least somebody will be able to find him."

"Yeah, I guess so," I mumble and look out the window.

"Dan, don't lose hope, I've heard a lot about you and Phil and from what I heard, he's a fighter, and you are too." he says and I nod.

"Do you know how Dameon broke out?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"I'm not sure. The security is really strict there, so he must be really smart. I mean, what you guys have told me, I can see that he's got some intelligence." he says and I nod, feeling myself tear up again.

"Take a right," I say directing him to my flat. "Just keep going straight and we turn left up there," I say and sniffle. As I said before, I can't help it.

"Hey, Dan," the officer says to me and I look over at him. "You guys found Kaydee last time, you can find Dameon too. Stay positive okay? I know everyone keeps saying the same shit to you, but you need to start believing it. We can and will find him."

"Okay," I sigh and look out the window, brushing a tear off my cheek. "Make a left," I say and he does so, pulling into the parking lot of our flat building (whatever the fuck its called). I take him past the receptionist and she stops us for a second.

"Excuse me, is there something wrong officer?" the lady asks and I look away to avoid her gaze.

"Go back to work mam, we've got it sorted," he says and she nods. I take him up the million steps that are there to get up to our apartment. The only thing to break the silence was an occasional sniffle from me.

We walk to the door of our flat and I open it and hesitate before walking inside as if there's going to be a murderer inside just waiting for me. We walk in and I just stand in the middle of the lounge awkwardly.

"Would you like to show me what he took?" he asks trying to sound as nice as possible. I nod and take him to our nerd room.

"There's his wallet, and there's his computer," I say and sit down on the sofa bed, opening his laptop. "See? He left his laptop just like this," the officer nods and I walk over to the desk and open his wallet showing his check book, credit card, (do people in Britain use credit cards and check books? or is that a stupid question o.o) and actual money. "So if he really left on his own, he's broke right about now," the officer nods.

"Yeah, that is peculiar," he says and sits down on the sofa bed. I take out lion that I had tucked away in my hoodie pocket.

"He left without his lion too," I say and show the officer. "He literally doesn't go anywhere without lion. I mean, he'll leave the house without him, but vacations, sleep overs, anytime we spend the night away from home, he takes lion."

"Yes, I understand," he says. "Where did you find the note?" he asks and I motion for him to follow me.

"In the kitchen," I say and take him back to the kitchen and open our glass door, to show him where on the counter it was. I turn around waiting for him to give some sort of reaction but he just keeps staring at the glass door. I cough awkwardly. "It's um, he left the note over here," I say and he looks up at me.

"Oh okay," he says and walks over, looking at the spot.

"So, are we just like, absolutely positive that Dameon took him?" I ask, my fingers tracing over the counter top awkwardly.