Distance Makes Things Better

Tiffany

"Your turn Kenny". "Tiffany really"? Kenny whined. "Yes now take it"! "I'm not a smoker though Tiffany". Kenny hesitated. I put the blunt in Kenny's hand. Kenny began to smoke the blunt.

"Kenny it's puff, puff, pass now pass me the blunt"! "We got all this weed in front of us and you want to share this blunt, roll another one". Kenny said laughing. "It's call common courtesy fool". I said pushing him.

30 Minutes Later

"You know I really miss Toni but you know what I need right now"? Kenny asked staring at the ceiling. "No what Kenny"? "A big ass sandwich and Cheetos". Kenny said cracking up.

We stuffed our faces and continued to smoke and talk.

Adrian

Grandpa can be so ugh sometimes. He basically dragged dad all through the mud in front of Adam and Adriana. Thank God they're in their own little worlds and barely are paying him any attention. Now I see why dad shot a bird at him.

When we pulled up to the house everyone was there. I was helping Adriana and Adam out of the car when I heard a familiar voice.

"Hey Adrian"! Jennifer squealed. "Hey beautiful! What are you doing around here"? "My aunt lives down the street". Jennifer pointed. Before I knew it Jennifer and I were walking down the street talking and laughing.

Mr. Braxton

As soon as we pulled up the kids basically took off leaving me with the luggage. I went to the trunk and noticed that some of Adrian's stuff had fell out of his suitcase. I unzipped it and began putting everything back in there and I noticed a letter. I knew right from the get go who it was from by the handwriting. I quickly stuffed it into my pocket.

"Daddy thank you for going to get the kids...but where's Adrian"? Toni asked disappointed. "He's outside with some girl". I said smirking. "Girl don't tell me my nephew already pulling them in"? Tamar asked shocked. "Well he better not be knocking them down"! Traci said.

Toni

I've been laughing and smiling all day but I feel miserable. Seeing the kids and hearing their laughter makes me miss Ken so much. I need to call him but I've also gotten stubborn.

"Daddy did Ken say anything to you"? "He was very rude to me. He acted like he wanted the kids to be gone out of his sight. I mentioned you and he pretended like he didn't know who you were". My dad said sadly.

I walked away so sad and hurt. After everything we've been through he can just forget about me like that!

Kenny

*Hits Blunt*

"If the grass is greener on the other side then was it light green or lime"?

"I wonder what Stevie Wonder thinks a piano looks like"?

"If I lie all the time but admit to lying does that make me a honest liar"?

"In France is there a foreign language French requirement"?

"Kenny please shut the fuck up"! Tiffany said laughing.

I woke up the next day extra happy. "About time you woke up the day is almost over". Tiffany said. "It is. Damn let me go get myself together". "Well I'm about to go make my money". Tiffany said leaving the house.

After I got out the shower it was almost midnight. I went downstairs grabbed somethings and headed to my truck.

50 minutes later I pulled up to Mr. and Mrs. Braxton house. It was completely dark so I quietly crept up. I noticed Toni's sisters cars in the driveway so I knew I had to be extra careful.

I knew what windows went to her parents bedroom but I had no idea about the others. So I picked a window prayed and started throwing the pebbles.

The window slowly opened and Toni popped her head out looking around.

"Tone"! I whispered. She looked down and smiled at me. We stared at each other then I gestured for her to come down. Toni closed the window and disappeared. I thought she wasn't coming because 15 minutes had passed but she did.

"I've missed you"! I whispered into her ear. "I've missed you too baby". Toni said kissing passionately. "Come on let's go". Toni said pulling towards the truck.

"Kenny where are we going"? I asked looking around. "Somewhere quiet so that we can talk and enjoy each other company".

Toni

We pulled up to a beautiful lake that the moonlight shined on peacefully. "Do you want to get out or stay in the truck"? Kenny asked grabbing my hand.

"Let's walk around". We got out and walked silently every now and then we glanced at each other. "I didn't think anything could be more beautiful than this scenery, but you definitely have it beat". Kenny spoke grabbing my hand.

"Ken...we have a lot of things to talk about before we can". Kenny kissed me passionately taking my breath away. He held me so tight in his arms making me feel secure.

"I'm sorry and I promise you nothing has and never will happen with Tiffany". Kenny whispered in my ear in his husky voice. Kenny pulled back and took his shirt off revealing a bandage on his chest.

"That night you asked me to pick up Tiffany I got into it with some guy. We ran into each other and he shot me. The day you found us in the room talking she was trying to persuade me to tell you. I should had listened to her but I didn't". Kenny said sincerely.

"So that night I poked you in your chest I hurt you. I'm so sorry Ken".

"Don't apologize baby I should had been honest. How were you suppose to know anything if I never told you"? Kenny ran his hand down my arm touching my wrist.

"Ouch"! I quickly pulled back. "Baby your wrist is swollen. What happened"? Kenny asked.

I turned around and hesitated. "You". I said low. "I didn't hear you baby". Kenny spoke confused. "You". I turned around facing him.

"I'm sorry God knows I never meant to hurt you". Kenny looked me deep in my eyes.

"It's okay Ken I know you didn't". I mumbled into the kiss.