Monday Mornings

Kenny

"Mmm baby that was amazing ". I smiled out of breath. "Yes it was". Toni plopped down beside me.

Toni and I snuggled up and just as we were about to go to sleep the alarm went off.

"Uhh I'm staying home today". I cuddled more into Toni. "Well help me get the kids up and ready". Toni slipped on her robe.

"Boys get up now"! I heard Toni yell for the 10th time. "Ohhh someone is grumpy this morning". Adrian mumbled under his breath.

Toni

"What did you say"? I turned around fast. "I said that you were grumpy this morning"! Adrian yelled. I took off running after Adrian as he ran behind Kenny.

"Kenny move I'm going to beat his little disrespectful ass"! "Baby calm down". Kenny grabbed me tightly. Kenny took me in the room and attempted to make me calm down.

"No Ken I can't calm down. I give him everything and he always disrespects me. He listens to you but not me. I feel like sometimes it's because I'm a woman that he doesn't respect me". I cried into Ken's chest.

"Baby he loves and respects you he's just getting older and trying to figure things out". Kenny wiped my tears away.

"Every time he gets like this all I see in him is Jake". I whisper while frowning.

Adrian

I didn't mean to be disrespectful to mom. It's just women are so complicated, one minute they're nice and sweet then they're all emotional for nothing.

I went to mom and dad bedroom door and listened. All I could hear was her crying and she mentioned the person named Jake.

"Who the fuck is Jake"? I asked myself.

"Ohhhh. Stop being nosey". Adam whispered to me scaring me.

"Shut up"! I pushed Adam and he fell.

"Ouch! That hurt"! Adam cried out.

I could hear mom and dad coming I quickly ran downstairs.

Kenny

"What's wrong little man"? "Adrian pushed me"! Adam cried. "Let mommy see baby". Toni cuddled Adam up.

"Adrian"! I yelled through the house. "Sir"? Adrian softly replied. "Don't sir me where are you"?

The house grew quiet.

"1"! I yelled. "I'm downstairs sir". Adrian yelled.

"What is going on with you? First you disrespectful your mother...again! Then you hurt your little brother...again! You keep messing up Adrian"!

"I'm sorry dad I promise I'll do better". Adrian pleaded. "Don't tell me go tell your mother and brother".

Toni

"He's always being mean to me mommy"! Adam cried. "Baby it'll be okay". I rubbed Adam's back trying to calm him down.

"Mom, Adam I'm sorry I promise I'll do better please forgive me". Adrian stood in the middle of the floor looking down.

"I forgive you. What about you Adam, do you forgive your brother"?

"No"! Adam screamed. "Adam don't play with me"! "I forgive you". Adam said softly. "Hugs and kisses now".

We ate breakfast together and the bus came and took them to school.

Kenny

"Baby he's not going to turn out like Jake I promise". I kissed Toni passionately.

"I hope not. He's acting just like Jake did when he first started changing. His disrespect was so mild that I let it go". Toni sighed. I hugged Toni tightly.

Adrian

" You're going to start not being a little bitch". I whispered to Adam. "You said a bad word, I'm telling". Adam said loudly.

"See that's what I'm talking about stop being a snitch. I'm 11 years old and you're 6 I'm older so I'm always doing  the right thing". I put my earphones in my ear.

The whole bus ride I asked myself who was Jake? I've never heard mom or dad mention a Jake before.

Kenny

"Baby I'm about to take Adriana to daycare". Kenny walked in holding our baby girl. "See you later pumpkin". I pecked her little cheek.

"Bye mommy". Adriana attempted to say. I left and went to drop my princess off to daycare. I stopped by the florist and got Toni some roses.

"Tone where are you". I yelled walking in the house. "In the kitchen". Toni spoke. I could tell she had been crying.

"Roses for my rose". I handed the flowers to Toni. Her face lit up with happiness.

Toni

I attacked Kenny with kisses. "Lets go upstairs and have some more fun". I seductively walked out of the kitchen.

I was halfway up the stairs when Kenny came running by me hitting my butt.

"Come on Tone put some pep in your step". Kenny yelled laughing.

"I'm going to make you pay for that". I laughed slightly in pain. "Well come and make me". Kenny stood in doorframe smirking. We made love for the next 4 hours.

"I love you so much". Kenny smiled into my neck. "I love you too baby".

We fell asleep cuddled up.