Problems on Sunday

Adrian

I walked up to the house and froze

I walked up to the house and froze. Dads truck was parked right in front of the house. I sneaked up to the window of the house to look inside. I saw everybody except dad. I was so relieved. I can take moms whoopings but I can't take dads.

I walked in the house and within a swift move I was pushed up against the wall.
"Where the hell have you been"! Dad yelled in anger. "I was at the park". I screamed in fear. "You had us worried sick Adrian when we get home your ass is mine". Dad said putting on his coat.

The ride home was short and quiet which I hated. I slowly walked upstairs to my room to find it empty. There was only a bed with the bible laying on the pillow.

"Ugh"! I frowned. "You don't like the new decorations". Dad asked closing the door. "What decorations? My room is empty it looks like we just moved in". I walked towards my closet.

The room got quiet and in dads hand I saw the belt. "Dad look before you do this think about how all of this may scar me". Dad looked up and put his hand on his chin.

"I thought about it and honestly I don't give a damn". Dad calmly spoke.

"AHHHHHHHHHH! OUCHHHHHH"! I screamed in pain. I yelled, screamed and begged for dad to stop for the next 15 minutes.

"Dad really did a number on me tonight". I said crying myself to sleep.

Kenny

Toni and I tucked in Adriana and Adam but I could tell she was distant. "What's wrong with you"? "Nothing I'm just a little stressed from work". Toni picked up her laptop.

"Oh and my cousin is moving here". Toni rolled her eyes. "I see you're very happy about that". "Which cousin"?

"Umm Tiffany I think I've mentioned her a few times". Toni mumbled. "The stripper"? "Exotic dancer". Toni said sternly.

"Babe they're the same thing. Strippers just have more bullet holes and c-section scars".

"Goodnight". Toni said quickly closing her laptop and giving me a kiss while giggling.

Sunday

I know I shouldn't hate The Lords Day but I do. The reason is because of Toni's dad. He gets up there every Sunday and just purposely yet discreetly calls me out.

"Today I want to talk about the 10 commandments. The 10 most important things you shouldn't do. However, we tend to over look some of those commandments because it may not seem that severe. For example, the 10th commandment "thou shalt not covet". I know you're suppose to love your neighbor and honor your neighbor but there's a thin line. Going in making someone else's home worse than it is, is a sin". Mr. Braxton spoke staring at me.

Toni squeezed my hand catching my attention. She smiled at me and mouthed relax.

Toni

I don't know why my dad does this crap every Sunday! I have to deal with work, dad being rude and Tiffany is coming. Then on top of that I haven't told Ken that she's staying with us.

"Daddy that was very rude what you did today. Kenny is my husband and you need to respect that. He treats me right why can't you just be happy for me". I plopped down in a chair. "Because you're my daughter little girl that's why. He didn't do anything properly. He didn't ask me for your hand like Jake did". Dad spoke loudly.

"Jake was a liar, cheater and abuser. He was two different people. He took me to Cali to get me away from you guys on purpose to hurt me. Speaking of which didn't you ever wonder why I just vanished? Why I only called on holidays and birthdays? Why I never came to visit in over 10 years"? I yelled.

I quickly stormed out of my dads office.

Adrian

It seems like mom and grandpa have the same damn argument every Sunday. For some strange reason he hates dads guts. I don't know why mom keeps making us come here I mean I love grandpa but he's terrible at speaking the word.

"Kenny, kids lets go now"! Mom yelled. We got in the car and the ride was quiet.

"So do you want to talk about it". Dad grabbed mom hand. "Same old thing with him Ken. I don't want to go to Sunday dinner with the family today". Mom sighed.

"We don't have to go baby I'll cook today". Dad kissed moms hand.

"Fuck now I have to spend the whole day in my room reading the bible since I'm grounded". I mumbled.

"What did you say"? Mom turned around facing me. I turned and looked out the window ignoring her. "Boy I swear you don't learn"! Dad looked at me through the rearview mirror.

So now if you're guessing I got another whooping and I'm grounded for 2 months now.

Kenny

"Without you I don't know what I would do". Toni wrapped her arms around my waist. "What do you want"? I chuckled. "I don't want anything, but I have to tell you something". I sighed. "What"?

"My cousin Tiffany is staying with us". I whispered. "And whose idea was that"! "My parents". Toni mumbled. "No you mean your dads. They have more than enough room why can't she stay with them"?

"I know I just don't want to start anymore confusion Ken". Toni sighed. "It's okay baby". I pecked Toni's lips then the kiss intensified.

Adam

"Ewwww"! "Adriana it looks like you might not be the baby for long"

"Ewwww"! "Adriana it looks like you might not be the baby for long". I yelled running out of the kitchen.