Chapter 9 ~ Sleepover

My eyes fluttered open and a familiar warmth was wrapped around my torso. I knew Natsu was behined me but I didn't move. I didn't want to. His chest pressed againts my back, and a leg slung over mine. I lay in his arms, smiling at the weird feeling it gave me inside.

"Luce~" He mumbled. I turned to look at him and saw he was still asleep. Was he dreaming about me? I smiled at the thought and sweeped a piece of hair that covered his eyes from his face. I stared at his calm, content, sleeping face. Theres no way I'm falling for this guy... I mean, how could I... Erza and Levy have told me about his 'ways with women'... but to be honest, since I met him, I haven't seen him with any... apart from the odd flirting I guess...
No Lucy! You can't let yourself fall for a guy like this! And you barely even know him! Ugh. My thoughts confused me and I was so deep in them that I never noticed Natsu waking up. He was staring at me with a smirk on his face.
"Good morning Princess" He said in his most husky voice. Damn that voice.
His nickname made my cheeks redden.
"Morning" I replied, trying to hide my nervousness. He unwrapped an arm from my waist and used it to prop his head up. I did the same. We faced eachother, with his other arm and leg still over me. A few minutes passed as we lay there, staring deeply into eachothers eyes. His deep, onyx eyes...
"Um, I think I'll go take a shower" I said slowly releasing myself from his grasp and kneeling up on the bed.
Just as my foot was about to make contact with the floor, I felt to arms grip my waist and was hurled back onto the bed, or should I say Natsu. A cheeky grin took over his features as I straddled his waist unwillingly.
"You're not going anywhere" He said, his voice mischevious but soft. A shiver ran down my spine at the thought of what was about to go down. What was about to go down?
He flipped us over so he was now ontop of me. He held my arms down with his hands but not roughly. Everything he did was so gentle. I tried to form words but nothing was happening. I just lay there and watched. He slowly leant down and put his head under my jaw, at my kneck. His warm breath traveled around my neck, sending more shivers down my spine.

"Nats-ngh" Was what escaped my mouth as he began to nip at the nape my neck. Lucy, when I said form words... thats not what I meant. I cursed in my head. I didn't know what to do. Yes, maybe I do have a slight crush on Natsu but I don't want him to just use me and throw me away.
He slowly started to make his way up my neck and across my jaw leaving kisses all the way. He stopped at the corner of my mouth and sat up. I released a breath from my mouth I didn't realise was there.
"Luce" He said, looking me straight in the eyes. "I know you stole my granola bars."
Crap, he knew?
"You're so cute" He said as he saw the panic on my face, knowing he knew I ate 6 of his bars. He leant down towards my lips once again and planted a soft kiss on them. He deepened the kiss and eventually I kissed back, running my hands through his hair. His hand fiddled with the hem of my shirt and slid underneath. He travelled up my back, lips still keeping contact. We pulled away for to breath and looked at eachother in the eyes.
"Luc-" He started but was interupted.
"Natsu, this was a mistake..." I said searching his eyes for a reaction as I scrambled out from under him, pulling my t-shirt down in the process.
"W-what?" He replied. "Thats what you think?"
"I just don't want to be a 'fling' Natsu, if we were to date I would want it to be real." I said rather courageously. I now stood next to the bed, facing him. He got up and crawled towards me.
His lips locked on mine once again but quickly departed.
"It would be real" He whispered quietly.
"Come on," He quickly changed the subject. "Let's get ready for school, I have a lecture soon" He said, sadness of having to go evident in his voice.
"Yeh, me too actually." I said, feeling a little awkward as to what had just happened. What are we now? What does this mean?

~●~●~●~●~●~●~

After a long day of Uni and a lunch full of awkward eye contact and smiles from Natsu, it was nearing the time for the sleepover. We were all meeting at Erza's dorm at 9. However Me, Levy and Juvia were going a little early. I met Juvia and Levy outside Levy's dorm and we made our way to Erza's, two floors up.

"So what were all those weird looks about at lunch, ey?" Asked Erza as she made her way towards us from the kitchen. She put a tray with tea and cake on infront of us on a table. All eyes were on me. Levy's face holding a evil smirk, Juvia's suprise and Erza'a curiosity.
"I-uh... I don't know what you're talking about..." I stuttered. Wow. Way to act smooth Lucy.
"Don't pretend you don't know. Something happened with Natsu and you - and we know it!" Levy chimed in.
"...Okay, fine." I replied, my face screwed up in defeat. "He kissed me this morning..."
Two jaws dropped. One spat tea all over the table. Levy covered her mouth with her two hands and Erza just blinked into nothingness.
"YOU KISSED? OH MY FREAKING GOD!" Shouted Levy, her voice extremely high pitch with an array of weird noises being released after. I think they call this fangirling?
After taking a sip of her tea and placing her teacup on the table, Juvia spoke.
"So, are you interested in him?" She asked calmly. Erza still sat, no longer blinking, still staring into another world. I think she might be dead? And Levy... might be having a seizure? Weird whispers carried on ecaping her lips and she rolled around on the couch. Something about 'OTP' and 'NaLu'. I averted my gaze and re-focused my attention on the only sane person in the room.
"Uh, well I don't know..." I said, not really knowing the answer myself. "He seems like a nice guy, but isn't he just a player?"
I desperately needed some advice. Erza snapped into reality and a sudden serious look took ever he face.
"Natsu acts like a player by flirting with the odd girl, but he really isn't like that. Deep inside he's a really nice guy. One day he just became this new person and created walls that no one can seem to break." Erza's words stumped me. So Natsu just acts like this... I wonder what happened to make him block people out.
"Why what happened?" I blurted out. Curiousity getting the better of me. Levy sat up and her, Erza and Juvia all exchanged looks.
"It's not really our place to tell you..." Whispered Levy quietly. Erza and Juvia nodded. The room turned darker and the air thicker. Just the girls thinking about whatever happened made the atmosphere drop.
"But ever since you came around Natsu's been less depressed and isn't spending any time with random girls!" Said Erza, trying to lighten the mood.
"Yeh she's right. I don't spend as much time with him as all of you do but theres definitley been a change in his behaviour." Juvia chirped.
I wonder why he would change because of me... Why me?
"What do you mean..? You guys think he-he likes me?" I ask. My seats suddenly becoming uncomfortable beneath me.
"YES!" Levy screeched. "NALU WILL HAPPEN!"
"Uh, Levy you need to calm down..." Erza patted her back and turned her head to me. "She gets excited..."
I nodded in response...

"DING DONG"
The ringing of the doorbell made us all snap our necks to the clock.
"Oh my god its been 2 hours already!" Said Erza as she jumped off her seat and ran towards the door. Me, Levy and Juvia all got off our seats and quickly followed after. I could see an array of hair colours as I stood behined Erza; blue, black, raven and salmon. The boys were here.
"Hey Guys!" Said Erza, welcoming our friends inside. She led us all back to the living room and we all sat down on the couches.
"Mira couldn't make it by the way... She told me she had some problems to deal with, with Lisanna I think" Said Jellal to all of us. "Oh and she told me to tell you Levy," He looked over to Levy and pointed at her. "To 'make the ships happen'? I have no idea what she meant but yeh..." He tailed off, confused by what Mira meant.
Levy smiled to herself and saluted to Jellal.
"Will do" She said.