Chapter 6 ~ Safe

"YOU FREAKING BASTARD! LEAVE HER THE HELL ALONE!"

"Natsu..." I whispered. Watching him from the other end of the ally. I scraped my body down the wall and sat.

Towering over the fat man, who now lay on the floor, was Natsu. He was panting, his face filled with rage. He gave one last, hard punch to the man on the ground, sending him out cold.

"Lucy! Are you okay?" He said softly as he ran over to me, his face now plastered with worry. He sat down in front of me and held me in his arms. I rested my head on his chest and let the tears come.

I sobbed loudly, dampening his raglan t-shirt below. Natsu comforted me and rubbed my back.

"It's okay Luce, everything is okay now. I'm here." He whispered comforting words into my ear and kissed my hair.

"T-Thank you" I stuttered through more sobs.

"Let's get you home shall we" He said, picking me up under his arms. I instantly wrapped my legs around his waist and placed my head on his shoulder, releasing more loud sobs into his ear.

-

"So what happened out there?" Natsu questioned, still worrying about me.
We were sat on his bed. His back against the back-board and my head snuggling under his arm on his chest. I didn't care how much I didn't like him at this point. I just needed comforting.

"I was just on my way back from the shops... h-he just grabbed me..." I replied quietly, trying my hardest to hold back the tears that begged to come. "I-I tried to run but he was too strong."

"Did... Did he do anyt-"

"No." I cut Natsu off knowing what he was going to ask. "He just lifted my shirt a little. I'm fine, really."
I tried to reassure him... and myself. I'm fine.

"Thanks again Natsu... How did you know I was even out there?" I thought, finding it a little weird that he just appeared when I needed help.

"Well I came back to the dorm and read your note saying you were going to the shops... but after a few hours of you not being here, I uh- I kinda got worried. Yano, because it was dark and stuff... so the I just headed to the village and then found you." He said, seeming a little embarrassd.

I looked down at my hands. What would have happened if Natsu wasn't there save me? There was no way I could have defended my self... Thoughts span through my mind as I stared blankly. Sudden contact was made with my face and I looked up at Natsu. His hand was holding my cheek, thumb wiping a single tear that managed to fall from my eye without me noticing.

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay?" He questioned, voice laced with worry.

"Yeh, I'm just shaken but I'll be okay.." I placed my head back on his chest. Natsu's hand ran through my hair softley, as my eyes started to close.

-♡-
Love is in the aaaaair dododo

Word count: 520