Introductions

"Mom!" I dropped my bags and embraced her. "I missed you so much." I whispered as I started to tear up.

"I missed you too." She said as she let me go. 

"Mom this is my boyfriend Kalin, Kalin this is my mom." I introduced them. Kalin didn't even give it a second thought, he dropped his bags and embraced her also.

"Its so nice to finally meet you." Mom invited us in and I introduced my brother to Kalin. 

We sat down on the couch and I threw my legs on Kalin's lap. "So how has school been?" Mom asked as she set down a plate of cookies on the coffee table which Kalin immediately reached for. 

"Good, were going to be moving onto the baking portion soon." I looked over at Kalin who was watching me talk with a big smile on his face, he always finds it really cute when I get geeking and talk about cooking or baking.

"Im so happy for you honey." She smiled as she also took a cookie. "So Kalin tell me some more about you, apparently Abby doesn't like calling me anymore." She looked at me and raised her eyebrow.

"My bad." I cringed as I cowered  into Kalin's chest. 

"Well my best friend Myles raps and I sing, and actually Myles is dating Abby's best friend Taylour, who Im sure you know." 

"Is Taylour in town?!" My mom asked suddenly.

I laughed "Yea mom, you'll see her soon. Let Kalin finish." 

"Oh Im sorry Kalin." She composed herself again.

"Nah its all good, theres not to much more to say really, I'm from the Bay, and I have a few half siblings who recently moved down to LA with my mom to be closer to me."

"Well thats great! Id love to meet her some day." My mom smiled, I knew she wanted to get out and meet new people, her and my bother didn't really get out much and I knew they probably got bored and lonely a lot. 

"Oh you'll meet her soon." He winked at her which confused me yet again. My mom just blushed a little and smiled.

"Well mom do you need help with dinner?" I asked breaking the awkward silence.

"Sure honey." I got up and walked into the kitchen expecting her to follow, the recipe she was using was already on the counter with the ingredients together when I heard light whispers in the living room. I quietly poked my head around the corner and saw my mom and Kalin whispering to each other, Kalin whispered while my mom just nodded her head, she smiled and gave him a hug and then started towards me, I whipped back behind the wall and went back to work acting like nothing happened while my mom joined me.

 There was something going on with Kalin and I couldn't figure it out, but it felt like everybody knew except me.