Tears

I followed one of the 3 grand stair cases downstairs. Myles was standing  at the kitchen island eating a sandwich while rapping to himself.

"Umm wheres Kalin?" I asked. Myles jumped and swung around really fast. 

"Ohh you scared me!" He laughed. 

"Oh sorry." 

"Um I think he's outside." I looked around for an exit and then finally found a set of large french doors, I walked out onto the deck. There was a cute garden table with plants and then a large outdoor dining table and a ping pong table. I walked down the stairs so I could get to ground level where I heard Kalin. They lived on the beach so they had a private dock farther out with their own private sand area. The backyard was huge. They had a pool, hot tub, basketball court and lots of grass space. Kalin was off in the corner. I made my way over to him when all of a sudden two heads popped up. 

They had two dogs.

And they weren't small. 

They started running towards me but luckily Kalin grabbed a hold of one of their collars, but still one was loose. 

A huge German Shepard came barreling towards me and before I knew it I was on the ground with a dog in my face giving me dozens of kisses. 

"Tapitio!" Kalin yelled while running to my side. He pushed the large dog off of me and helped me up.

"Did you hit your head hard? Can you see me? Whats your name?!" 

"Woah Kalin Im fine!" I laughed while still in his arms. 

"Well then I guess you met Tapitio then." 

"Tapitio?" As in the hot sauce?" I giggled. 

"Hey look he's not mine, He's Myles and he named him after his favorite hot sauce. 

I burst out laughing, "He really named him after hot sauce?!" I laughed. 

"Ya." He grinned. "And this is my dog Sam." He explained. 

"Now see thats normal." I looked at the cute golden retriever with adorable blue eyes.

"Well actually I named him after Toucan Sam from fruit loops." He giggled. I sat down on the plush grass so I could pet the large dogs 

"You're kidding me right?" 

"Dead serious." 

"Oh my god Kalin." He sat down next to me, he scooted closer to me so our legs were touching, electricity buzzed through me. 

"So do you have any pets or anything?" he asked. 

"No, I just moved over here not to long ago and I literally just have a mattress, some books, and a phone charger, so I don't really think Im set to have a dog yet." I explained. 

"Woah wait, you're not from California?" 

"No Im from Washington." I laughed. 

"Why'd you move over?" he asked

"Well I grew up in Spokane and I just got really tired of it and I wanted to go to culinary school so I can become a baker, and they have really great schools over here."

You wanna be a baker?" His eyes lit up.

I just giggled. "yeah."

"Well ya know you can always experiment on me, I'd love to be your taste tester." he said nonchalantly.

"I bet you would!" I laughed. "Well maybe I'll make you some brownies tonight or something."

His smiled to himself. "So whats your biggest dream?" he asked as he leaned back on hie elbows.

Odd question, but I still answered confidently "I wanna own my own bakery and make cakes for celebrities weddings and stuff." I said as I started to daydream.

"Do you wanna get married and have kids and stuff?"

"Of course!" Im not sure how many kids I want or anything but i know I want at least a boy and girl."

"And your husband?"

"What about him?"

"Like what does your dream husband look like?" he asked staring off at the ocean.

"Honestly for me its more about his personality then looks, I want somebody who will always love me and never leave me, because I dont want my kids to go through what I went through." 

That got Kalins attention. "Wait what do you mean?" 

"When I was younger we had to leave my dad cause he's a loser." I said staring down at the grass. 

Kalin sat there quietly. "Yeah I feel ya." he spoke up. "My dad left me and my mom, I haven't talked to him in years." 

"Do you still see your mom?" 

"Oh ya, she's my everything, she's  probably the coolest person out there." 

I smiled. "Yeah I love my mom so much too, I miss her and my brother a lot." 

Kalin grabbed my chin and turned my face to his. "Hey. Its gonna be ok, you've got me now, you don't have to be lonely or anything, okay?" 

How in the world did he know I was lonely? Its like he can read my mind. 

"Okay." I nodded.

He pulled me into his chest, I sat there pressed against him and then a lone tear slipped down and hit his leg.  He hugged me harder and started humming and rocking back and forth slightly. He started pulling me up with him until we were standing. He wrapped his long arms around my waist and I put my arms up on his shoulders and buried my face in his chest and let the tears flow. We rocked back and forth while he sang quietly.