Chapter 34 - Payback

The blood still gushing down from the nose, somehow or other Sid hoisted himself up and with blur vision, he looked at his surroundings. The salty stench of blood seeped into his nostrils which made him grimace. Slowly he was regaining his consciousness. He swept away the dirt from his clothes and with stumbling steps headed back to his home. Letting not even a slightest doubt to sprout in any of the family member's mind—who were present in his house—Sid rushed into the restroom to rinse stains of blood from his clothes.

Knock, knock, knock. Someone banged the door three times. After that, a voice snapped at Sid's ears, "Sid! Are you in there?" Pratham said.

"Yeah! Hold on a minute." Sid trashed the tissue paper—which was soaked with his blood—into the dustbin. He pushed the door open.

"What took you so long?" Pratham rushed in. Sid immediately covered his nose to not let his wound visible.

However, Pratham felt something peculiar about his body language. "Dude! Sara and Nehali, both are freaking hot." He headed at the wash basin to rinse his face.

From the corner of his eyes, Pratham looked at Sid. He was hankering after to see hot under the collar face of his little brother, but Sid was totally unhitched from his presence.

"Are you alright?" Pratham furrowed his brow and scanned Sid from head to toe. He observed something unusual. All of a sudden, he cascaded his eyes upon the bruises. Being utterly shocked, Pratham took a hold of Sid's neck. "What's this?" he asked.

Sid turned around and stuttered back, "No! Nothing, I... I-I f-fell down from stairs."

Pratham pulled him around to face him eye to eye, but he didn't receive an eye contact from the latter. He grabbed Sid's hand and pulled it away. Ablaze with anger as he caught sight of the bruises in "who-dared-to-mess-with-my-brother" look. Without any struggle to make head or tail out of the truth. Pratham fathomed someone has rained blows on his brother. "Just tell me who did this? I will beat the stuffing out of that man."

"No!" Sid shouted, "I want to deal with it in my way. I will transform that person's heart."

Pratham laughed his head off; letting Sid to be embarrassed on his statement. He believed that some people deserve a dose of their own medicine. They can't be transformed or comprised. Unless you beat the crap out of them. "Little Buddha, you're not living among saints. Everyone is swindlers in this shithole world."

Sid's hackles raised when he received the incoming mockery on the principles of his life. He pushed aside Pratham to make way for himself to walk away from the scene. Pratham punched the wall in frustration. He let out a pant and pulled off his cell phone, and dialed a number from his contact list. He spoke as the phone call was received on the other end. "Gather up as many as boys you can. We've to knock the daylights out of someone."

******

Pratik and his friends were exulted with the yesterday's feat; therefore, gossip about that day was still prevalent among them. Pratik as always, smoking cigarettes and puff out smoke in the air.

"Pratik, this time we've taught a good lesson to Sid. I'm sure he won't pick on you anymore," one of Pratik's friend spoke up.

Pratik flicked his hair and draw in a long puff of cigarette. It was so heavy that had him cough so badly, but pride was flooded all over his mind that he resisted it. "It's not done yet. I wanna make him weep and beg."

"Wait!" Pratik paused to see someone walking towards him, his yellow eyes couldn't believe the view it was beholding. His same foremost enemy was approaching him with a black look reigning on the face. It was Sid.