Chapter 26 - Till I Collapse

It was only a ping of Whatsapp that distracted Sara from her deep concentration in studies. She wasn't what you'd call a procrastinator—her college attendance would be around eighty percent—which certainly doesn't glorify her as those teenagers who waste their time.

Another ping. And another. You should've put it on the silent mode, idiot, Sara scolded herself. She got up from her study desk in order to switch her cell phone off. But when her eyes caught a glimpse of messages from Pratik, she couldn't resist to ignore it.

I'm on your building's terrace ... the view is beautiful. She read this message from her newly made boyfriend, Pratik, and she thought it was a typo. How can he be on her building's terrace?

Then she received a selfie of Pratik, sticking his tongue out at the corner of his lips. Now she was taken aback. It was her building's terrace. Are you coming? Pratik texted. Sara couldn't bring herself to say "no."

She rushed outside of her home and pushed the elevator's button. Wait! What are you doing, don't you think you're rushing things? A part within Sara chastised her. This really stopped her from going to the terrace. But he's really cute and he will surely be angry if you don't meet him. He risked coming here, just for you, girl!

While the elevator was going up, Sara's conscience was battering her mind. She was aware and heard of Pratik's promiscuous behavior and also received warnings from her close friends every now and then. Yet she couldn't say "no" to him when he proposed her for a relationship.

What enamored her about him could be many things: first, he was quite popular guy in their college, many girls want to be with him. He has cute looks, which she particularly admired the most. Of course, his jokes give her a laugh or chuckle every now and then. And... He's a rich guy!

Sara did hold doubts in her mind, but his sweet talking and cute looks really bewildered her intelligence. Law of attraction literally pulled her towards him.

"Pratik, you there, where are you?" Sara said as she stepped on the terrace. She was having butterflies in her stomach.

When she turned around, Pratik was standing right behind her. He pushed her towards the wall and started kissing her lasciviously. Of course, Sara was taken aback with this unexpected passion, but she liked it. She'd seen kissing scenes in movies, but now she was experiencing it for real. Her doubts burned away and surprisingly a smile graced her lips.

"How you came here, I was—" Pratik didn't let her talk.

"Love can find its way," he said grinningly. A giggle ran off from Sara's lips since it was free.

Love? That's suspenseful. But for Sara it was. For Pratik, she must be another score to achieve.

Sara wasn't a girl who would fall for a guy like Pratik, who is notorious playing around with girls, who's a chain-smoker, self-centered, and has other vices. Still, she's into him. Actually, there's an invisible force which drives people so crazy that their intelligence gets bewildered. Unfortunately same happening with Sara.

*****

Sid and Ravi picked up some pebble from the ground and started hurling it into the lake as far as possible, just to see who can throw a pebble far away. Actually, Sid didn't invest full concentration in activity because his mind was busy introspecting about the unfortunate incident that happened to Raghu Sen.

This introspection was dragging his consciousness back to spirituality. He hesitated at first but in the end, couldn't stop his emotions for long to get transform in words. "You know I think I should restart my spiritual quest," he said with a straight face.