Chapter 29 - He will get you out

"Beer for me and..."—Sammer looked at Nehali, who gave him a curt nod—"Champagne for the lady."

Nehali usually doesn't drink, but at this moment she didn't want to displease her new boyfriend. Also, they were on a date in a five-star restaurant. It took two consecutive days for Sammer to convince her to come.

Most of the time Nehali's eyes scanned across expensive clothes other women were wearing; they looked like queens. When she compared her dress with theirs, her self-pity increased tenfold. She was wearing a dark red sleeveless pencil dress which reached until the middle of her thighs; mascara adorned her eyes, lips were glistening due to glossy red lipstick and face with a nice layer of make up.

It was difficult for Sammer to keep his off eyes from looking at her slightly visible cleavage, which was enough to turn him on. Her fair skin was glowing because of brightness made by the candles. Everything comes to him who waits; he reminded himself.

"You're looking sexy," he said, drumming his fingers on the table. He couldn't stop himself staring her new girlfriend, but it was debatable if his eyes were holding admiration or lust.

Nehali forced a smile on her lips; she wasn't that ecstatic with the word "sexy." And then she tried to touch a different topic. "As you know my financial crisis. I ... I—I'll be grateful, if—"

"Don't worry, babe," Sammer cut in, "Your problems are my problems now."

Again Nehali manifested a faint smile. Actually, she wanted to ask if he can recommend her to his father for a high-paying job in their company. Such as PA or something. And she did have required skills.

Sammer observed her body language that hinted she was feeling uncomfortable in this environment they were. "You better develop a habit for all this."

"Hm?" she didn't get it at first. "Oh, I'm fine, just never been to any five-star restaurant before."

After having dinner Sammer drove her home, the car arrived at her building's compound. They say if you have car and money, it's a cake walk to have a hot chick sitting next to you. Sammer truly believed this.

Nehali hung her bag over her shoulder; her other hand reached to unlock the car's door. As she hoisted from her seat to leave, but Sammer pulled her towards him and kissed her. She didn't like it and within a minute freed her lips. "Sorry, I need to go, I need to go."

"Yeah." Sammer gasped, "I'll drop you college tomorrow."

Nehali nodded and quickly got out of the car. She felt a ripple of guilt hit her because she had imagined sharing a kiss with someone else—whom she ditched yesterday—but her desire shattered like a palace of the cards. No, don't think about him! You should move on now, she told herself.

*****

It was 11:30 AM. The sun stared at the world without pause through the crystal clear sky. Lately, Sid has tasted success in getting over with the saddening thoughts of Nehali—he was moved on—and this project submission busied him for a while, regarding which he was heading to the railway station with Ravi. Concentrate on your life. More you think, more you'll miss her, he chastised himself whenever a thought came in his mind.

"Can you pace up your walking speed?" Ravi hissed at his best friend, who was walking quite slowly. Sid nodded and picked up speed.

Tomorrow was a project submission day, and to get the content they've decided to travel to the center of their city and garner information about Stock Exchange. It was basically Ravi's plan, and he was confident enough get the things done before midnight.

As they arrived at the railway station, their eyes went big to see people almost pushing and stuffing each other to get into the train. "How about we call an Uber cab?" Sid gave a tight-lipped smile to his best friend.