Chapter 32 - What is Love?

A hooker rushed out of an apartment. She adjusted her dishevelled clothes as Pratik stepped out on the same time. The cold air shivered their senses, as it seemed things might have been hot and heavy between them. So this boy was also doing these illicit things, apart from his other vices. He handed money to the hooker, and like a thief, she rushed off.

Standing outside the compound of the building, he purchased a cigarette, lit it up, and started smoking (smoking is injurious to your health). His friend ran up from behind and patted his shoulder, indicating for him to make a move. The area that they were in was prone to raids. Pratik stood like a statue, unwilling to move a bit. He was pondering something. His friend inquired with knitted brows. "Let's go. What are you waiting for?"

Pratik discarded his smoked cigarette and lit up another one. "I want f**king revenge," he said, puffing out smoke from his nose and mouth. "I have to teach Sid a lesson, and I wanna rip that arrogant look off his face."

Pratik's friend narrowed his eyes and rubbed his chin. "What does he do to you?" he remembered how Sid has insulted Pratik several times. "I don't think you can defeat him verbally. He will always trap you in his words' jugglery."

Pratik crushed his half smoked cigarette in anger. He felt insulted and helpless. Then he lit up another one, drawing hazardous smoke into his lungs, toxic chemicals clinging to his trachea. He was a chain smoker, therefore, he and his cigarettes were inseparable buddies. "I won't spare him."

"What's up with you and Sara?" his friend asked.

Pratik shrugged his shoulders and jutted out his bottom lip. "I think that chick is into me."

Infused with a heinous scheme, a fiendish smile beamed across his friend's face. "Just do what I say. I swear, we'll teach him a lesson that he will never forget."

Pratik raised his left eyebrow in confusion, but didn't care enough to ask about it. Seeing him confused, his friend continued, "We'll use Sara to take your revenge."

"Damn! Why I didn't think of that?" Pratik placed his hand on his head. "But I'm going to do it my way." A devilish smile manifested on Pratik's oblong face.

"What you gonna do?"

Pratik simply winked, and pointed his thumb behind him. It was a shop of blue film CDs. What he was up to seemed to be very, very vicious.

******

Sara's off the shoulder top and slim washed jeans brought attention to her half up half down hairstyle. She looked so stunning that every guy ogled at her. Her pink lipstick was glowing more than her round shaped face as she chuckled after reading a text message. Maybe a joke or Pratik's flirt.

A group of boys approached her. None of them came forward, but they pushed a simple, decent looking guy and made him sit next to her. He experienced butterflies in his stomach, turning his eyes to back to his friends he saw them shooting thumbs up at him with a grin on their faces.

Sara smiled and took off her headphones. "Hiya Vinit. How's life?"

His heart started throbbing, thinking. Wow! She knows my name. Licking his lips, he replied, "I'm-I'm-I'm doing good, Sara." He was literally breathing from his mouth instead of his nose, and he avoided making eye contact with her.

Sara placed her hand on Vinit's shoulder. "You okay?"

Without uttering a word, and making weird facial expressions like the actor, Shahrukh Khan, he attempted to convey his inner emotions that he could not get to come out of his mouth. His clumsiness made Sara want to laugh, but she suppressed it into a smile. "I love you, Sara," he blurted out all of sudden. Smile turning into a gape, Sara shook her head. "What!?" she didn't revel in what he just said. Being totally aghast, her hazel eyes were wide open. She hoped she might have heard wrong.